Edlio is a rapidly growing technology company with a portfolio of software solutions in the K-12 education sector. Thousands of customers trust our products and we continue to build on our vision to transform the education technology sector to help improve the lives of school administrators, teachers, parents, and students. Our current portfolio of software solutions include an Enterprise Content Management System and a suite of Online Payments solutions.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team and help us scale our Cloud Infrastructure, Developer Platforms, Security Operations, and Site Reliability initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of cloud technologies (especially AWS), strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, and a proven track record of building and managing large, scalable systems infrastructure.
Applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English and willing to work in Pacific time zone (UTC -8) hours.
- Drive the DevOps, SecOps, and SRE automation and monitoring efforts with an infrastructure-as-code mindset
- Contribute to our 24x7 on-call strategy for all essential services
- Define and enforce best-in-class processes for ensuring high availability of our systems
- Proactively assess potential issues with systems, patching, and other changes to mitigate and reduce remediation times
- Enable feature teams to accelerate product delivery with sandboxed, scalable development and test environments, and CI/CD pipelines
- 5+ years of hands-on DevOps/SysAdmin/SRE experience supporting business critical applications in production
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with the AWS toolset (EC2, ECS, EKS, ALB, RDS, CloudFront, CloudFormation S3, SQS, Lambda, VPC, WAF, ACM)
- Expert Linux systems administration skills
- Expert at configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Packer)
- Experience with container configuration and implementation with Docker
- Expert at AWS networking and security constructs
- Experience with managing MySQL, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch datastores
- Experience with message queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Prior experience with Java build tools (Gradle/Maven/Ant) and web application servers (Apache Tomcat)
- Prior experience with scripting languages (Perl/Python/Bash)
- Prior software development experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Prior experience with some of the other technologies we work with: Java, Node.js, Serverless, Memcache, Redis, Vagrant, Jenkins
- Experience building modern Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Experience with modern infrastructure and application monitoring/observability services (DataDog/Prometheus)
- Experience with managing large scale SSL and DNS deployments for whitelabeled SaaS applications
- Experience with DDoS mitigation techniques
- Experience with incident management and root cause analysis process
- Familiarity with directory services (AD/ADFS/LDAP)
- Prior experience building infrastructure in regulated environments (PCI/COPPA/FERPA)
- Prior experience being On-Call (SRE style rotation), both as a member and as someone who has done schedule planning
- Remote Position (Work from anywhere)
- Professional development and continued education opportunities
Apply on company website