ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Neurosurgery are seeking an experienced Physician Assistant for a nocturnist position at ECU Health Medical Center, in Greenville, NC. ECU Health Neurosurgery team consists of 9 neurosurgeons and 9 nurse practitioners/physician assistants. This opportunity includes primarily inpatient rounding with minimal first assist responsibilities. ECU Health Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma facility, serves as the regional leader for Neurosciences and is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in eastern North Carolina.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Medical Center, a level 1 trauma center
- Inpatient only clinical responsibilities
- 7 on 7 Off schedule- 7:00pm-7:00am
- Inpatient responsibilities will include OR, rounding with surgeon, inpatient medical management, admissions, discharges, and consults
- Established neuroscience team of 9 neurosurgeons, including 3 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, inpatient stroke neurologists, neurointensivists, neurologists and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- ECU Health Medical Center is home to a 24-bed NSICU as well as a large rehab center providing both inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
- Team of 11 dedicated NSICU NP/PA's providing24/7 coverage
- Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
- Over 1,000 neurological cases performed annually to include complex spine and brain tumor resections
- Over 1,500 annual admissions with stroke as primary diagnosis
- Nationally recognized by Becker's Healthcare as a top 100 program for neurosurgery
ECU Health's Neuroscience Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has specialty-trained staff in nursing, radiology, general neurosurgery, endovascular neurosurgery and intervention, neuro-spine surgery, and neurology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient- and family-centered approach to care, which promotes optimization of patient outcomes.
ECU Health Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for ECU Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, ECU Health Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children's Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! Find Yourself in Good Company!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville's revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact JoAnn Barnhill at (252)227-3471 or email@example.com.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant's qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.
Vidant Health is becoming ECU Health!
While our name change is official, the rebranding process will take several months to complete. Please note that during this transition period, you may see both brands represented in various places—online, in job postings and in the communication you receive.
Apply on company website