As a QA Engineer on the Echo Global Logistics Product team, you will be responsible for driving customer confidence by assuring the quality of software products by engineering QA efficiencies in practice, through process, and with effective tools/techniques.
Echo has recently been ranked second in Built In Chicago's Top 100 Tech Companies, and we show no signs of slowing down! Come join our growing product team and be a part of one of the world's largest and most sought after industries. We look forward to having you as part of our team!
Essential Position Functions
- See technology as a passion, not something you just do between 9-5
- Have strong fundamentals to combine attention to detail, science and technology to test new products which will accomplish solid business gains
- Possess the ability to test innovative solutions; we operate on a web based platform and constantly facing unchartered waters
- Are curious intellectually and excited to learn several new business concepts and technologies
- Are a proactive thought leader; you recognize new opportunities and bring valuable ideas to the table, fix things before they break, mentor others
- Enjoy communicating and connecting with other technologists and non-technical colleagues
- Value passionate QA Engineers, technologists, go-getters who never stop seeking ways to improve quality and processes
- Have a high focus on career development and the runway to get you there
- Work hard and smart, period
- Offer competitive compensation, benefits, 401k, challenging projects, company-wide events, coworkers and leaders who will push you to get better, a sense of community not found elsewhere
- Works with QA members to communicate unacceptable risks to quality and provide technical direction
- Adheres to standard operating procedures to ensure consistency in the way we test software.
- Contributes to agile planning by establishing tasks and forecasts for work to be performed.
- Asks the right questions at the right time to reduce the introduction of quality risk.
- Writes and executes test cases that probe system limits in terms of function and performance.
- Identifies/resolves software inconsistencies, ambiguities and defects during implementation.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Considers dependencies in test case design and execution.
- Supports and is accountable for timely releases and adherence to release activities.
- Develop, document, execute and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Identifies testable statements contained in requirements and specifications documents and design and implement manual and automated test cases.
- Produces high quality test cases to accept stories.
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Apply strong analytical, problem solving, judgment and skill to balance delivery content, quality and timing.
- Active member of a product team that solves complex challenges and builds working software.
- Works hand-in-hand with Product Owner to break down user stories into small functional slices.
- Maintains an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness.
- Practices positive interactions - leans on encouragement in place of judgment.
- Impresses responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks.
- Acts in the interest of the overall team.
- Actively works on broadening or adding a skill.
- Asks for help
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- 2-4 years in an agile QA role with experience:
- Writing acceptance criteria/tests
- Identifying, tracking, resolving defects
- Design and execution of test cases
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication.
- Managing environments in MS .Net
- Proven track record (5-8 years ) working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive project that requires:
- Clear and timely communication of key information deemed critical to project success
- Managing software risk
- Balancing priorities
- Being highly motivated
- Going above and beyond the requirement of the role
What's in it for you?
- Help career growth by joining an industry leader and continuing to advance Echo proprietary technologies
- Working for an organization with intelligently defined strategic goals, sophisticated products and steady growth
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on our product offerings
- Work in the full software delivery life-cycle
- Ability to constantly enhance and improve applications
- Have a clearly defined career growth track with enough flexibility to pave your own way
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Apply on company website