LIFE IS SHORT. DO WORK THAT MATTERS.
Eating Recovery Center / Insight Behavioral Health is a national behavioral health hospital caring for patients and families dealing with eating disorders and other mood and anxiety disorders.
We are seeking a Psychiatrist for our Child and Adolescent residential / PHP Eating Disorder facility.We offer a flexible career path with comprehensive training and professional development opportunities.
- Ideal candidate has a focus on Family Practice or Pediatrics.
- Experience with Eating Disorders is a PLUS.
How youll make a difference in this role
As the Psychiatrist under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, you will diagnose illnesses, prescribe and administer treatment for people suffering from disease. The Psychiatrist will meet with patients, obtain medical histories, and order perform and interpret diagnostic tests.
What You Can Expect:
- We are team-centric with an open communication culture and we want to coach you to excellence.
- You will work in a collaborative environment where you are encouraged to grow and develop your professional skills.
- Competency-based accelerated career path.
- Supportive, motivated, engaged management
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k, Paid Time Off
Your Skills and Experience:
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Basic math skills and accurate data-entry ability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on a deadline
- Excellent internal and external customer service AKA soft skills
- Sharp verbal and written communication skills
- Able to resolve complex situations and make complex decisions
- Very strong technical aptitude with the ability to learn various software platforms including Microsoft Office Suite
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as teachers for trainees seeking clinical experience
- Focus on superior patient care by practicing evidence-based, high quality state of the art medicine; encourage increased patient understanding, involvement in care, and treatment decisions; achieve and maintain optimal patient access; insist on program focus on superior patient service; participate in or support education and research
- Collaborate on care delivery by including staff, other physicians and management in both service and patient care improvements; treat all members with respect; demonstrate the highest levels of ethical and professional conduct
- Listen and communicate by providing clinical information in a clear and timely manner; requesting information and resources needed to provide care; provide and accept feedback in a respectful manner from all staff
- Take ownership by providing leadership to improve outcomes, quality and program quality; work to ensure personal, program and organization compliance with all legal and educational requirements; and steadily improve the efficiency and economic aspects of your practice
- Quality metrics focus on clinically relevant outcome measures; change by embracing innovations to continuously improve patient care, program and organizational efficiency
- Promotes positive customer relationships with fellow employees, physicians, patients, and visitors. Will treat these individuals with courtesy, dignity, empathy, and respect; consistently display courteous and respectful verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Adheres to, complies and demonstrates support for the mission and values of ERC
- Ensure confidentiality of patient information by creating and maintaining a secure and trusting environment
- Ensure all duties, responsibilities and competencies are conducted in a manner that is effective and appropriate to patients to whom care, service and treatment is being provided
- Demonstrate knowledge and applicability of the principals of growth and development over the life span, as well as demonstrating the ability to assess data reflecting the patients status and interpreting appropriate cultural information of the patient(s) to whom care, service and treatment is being provided.
- Be an inspirational leader with the creativity and imagination to motivate staff and produce outcomes that move ERC forward in achieving its mission and vision
- Have knowledge of regulatory body requirements (Joint Commission, etc.)
- Ability to plan, direct, delegate and supervise a diverse workforce of professional and support personnel
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO).
- Completion of a psychiatric, pediatric or adolescent residency program from an accredited medical school
- Board eligible in in appropriate specialty (board certified preferred).
- Family Practice, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine background preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed to practice medicine in state of employment or state of assignment
- Completed and met clinical competency standards
Apply on company website