LIFE IS SHORT. DO WORK THAT MATTERS.
Eating Recovery Center/ Pathlight Behavioral Health is a national behavioral health hospital caring for patients and families dealing with eating disorders and other mood and anxiety disorders. We are seeking a full-time Program Therapist who will counsel individuals or groups regarding psychological or emotional problems such as stress, eating disorders, or family situations and develop and implement therapeutic treatment plans.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Masters Level Clinician responsible for running core and advanced therapeutic groups. Therapist in training who provides coverage for cases and may begin to take a small caseload.
To better understand our mission, watch the video: https://youtu.be/c_AZRH24wEk
We are seeking skilled individuals who want to join our team:
- In saving, strengthening and supporting patients and their families
- In believing that it is not about the eating disorder, it is about lasting recovery
- In practicing the belief that quality care is driven by quality people
- In helping restore healthy lives
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates curriculum-based and community support groups
- Cross-trained across Levels of Care and LOS
- Milieu Management
- Highly skilled in-patient de-escalation techniques and in vivo ACT/DBT skills training
- May provide coverage for Primary Therapists
- Will also perform Behavioral Health Counselor 1 & 2 responsibilities
- Compliant with all required documentation
- Updates and accurately communicates information related to patient care to other BHC's on staff
- Supports and mentors Behavioral Health Counselor 1 & 2
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Has a license-eligible Masters Level Mental Health Degree or is within 6 months of graduation. Applies for provisional or intern license immediately upon graduation.
- With relevant significant work experience and demonstrated skills supporting patients with similar diagnoses in similar care settings, may accept a current graduate student farther than 6 months from anticipated graduation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Group curriculum familiarity and knowledge
- Group facilitation and therapeutic milieu skills
- Demonstrates responsibility, dependability, consistency, and flexibility given the needs of the milieu and program
- Basic understanding of ERC way and lines of service
- Able to document as necessary to cover therapist or other assigned coverage
- Working to complete pathway for Primary Therapist on ERC University
- Knowledge and application of Trauma Informed Care
- Able to provide interventions with compassion and kindness
- Willingness to learn
- Flexibility with schedule and team assignment
- Demonstrates knowledge of the variety of ways clients express stress reactions both behaviorally (e.g., avoidance, aggression, passivity) and psychologically/emotionally (e.g., hyperarousal, avoidance, intrusive memories)
BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Knowledge of and ability to create and edit documents in Microsoft Word, create/edit PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to figure out what you need to navigate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel), ADP and position-specific software.
- Knowledge of how to send and receive emails, as well as attach documents to an email and open attachments.
- Ability to copy and paste information and use the Web for research.
- Knowledge of basic computer terminology reboot, hard drive, flash drive, USB port, etc.
Apply on company website