Eastside Gardens is a beautiful community in Snellville, GA, with more than 50 units offering assisted living and Alzheimer's care.
At this time, we are seeking a Sous Chef to join our team!
- Plans, tests and costs new menus and menu items for daily breakfast, lunch and dinner meal services, as well as special events.
- Orders, distributes and stocks using cost control all food supplies. Inspects the quality and quantity of these items when delivered.
- Maintains food and nutritional standards set by the company.
- Functions as a supervisor over cooks and other food service personnel engaged in the preparation, cooking and serving of food items. May also participate as a team member in food preparation.
- Assists in training and instruction employees on food preparation, cooking and serving of food items to insure that all items are presented properly.
- Assigns and monitors all work activities of food service personnel.
- Coordinates work flow and schedules to ensure that deadlines are met, and that policies and procedures are followed.
- Participates in interviewing and selection of food service personnel, as well as the performance and evaluation of assigned employees.
- Recommends personnel actions including hiring, termination, promotion, discipline, as well as layoff and recall.
- Ability to read and understand recipes and menus, work in a team environment, work flexible shifts, handle multiple tasks at one time and communicate effectively verbally and/or in writing.
- Ability to lead or supervise other employees, perform detail work involving math calculations, problem solve, handle emergency situations.
- Must enjoy working with the elderly and able to accept constructive criticism. Ability to interact with residents who are highly susceptible to common illness without posing additional health risks and must maintain good personal hygiene and wear a uniform.
- Culinary Arts degree from recognized school with two years related experience as a Sous Chef or Lead Cook in a comparable size food service operation is desired.
- Ability to hire, train and manage food service personnel, and provide effective work direction.
Our Core Values
- We Put People First
- We Act With Integrity
- We Mind the Business
- We Listen, Then Act Decisively
- We Work to be Our Best
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.EEOC Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website