This position's primary responsibility will focus on the E*TRADE's Linux based hybrid cloud virtualization platform.
- This will include assisting in the design, implementation, integration, and maintenance of the server environment across internal data centers and public cloud infrastructure.
- This position will be responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining a variety of automated systems, interacting with many tech and non-tech resources as well as vendors and external resources.
- The candidate will be creating and documenting systems/application architectures and is responsible for complex technical projects and interfacing with business and technology teams.
- Design, build and oversee large-scale virtual server environments in multiple locations to support development, production and DR environments.
- Extensive deployment/migration experience leveraging automation (physical and virtual).
- Work with Project Managers and Business stakeholders to design and develop solutions to address business needs and propose changes to develop effective solutions.
- Examine requirements documents and create technical design documents, and implementation plans for small to complex projects.
- Provide tier III SME support for Linux and virtualization platforms.
- Analyze data critical to capacity forecasting, asset management and procurement.
- Ensure that the technical environment is properly maintained and correctly designed.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Collaborate openly and continuously with geographically dispersed team.
- Up to 5 years of Linux or equivalent experience.
- Up to 5 years of virtualization engineering experience (VMware).
- Up to 3 years working with infrastructure automation and config management tools (ie. Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef).
- Up to 3 years working in a mission critical production Linux environment.
- Working knowledge of standard version control systems (ie: GitLab, Bitbucket, SVN, etc).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both verbal and written English.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting experience.
- DevOps and automation mindset
- AWS service offerings, including VMWare Cloud on AWS (VMC)
- Familiarity with understanding and implementing security controls on Linux servers.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Who we Are
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Apply on company website