The Senior Manager, Business & Financial Analysis is a key leader on the Institutional Business & Financial Analysis team. You will join a team of ambitious and passionate associates, driven by ideas and with a bias towards execution.
As Senior Manager, Business & Financial Analysis, you will oversee all Financial, Reporting and Data Analytical needs for the Institutional Relationship Management team. You will build relationships with key business partners to ensure the proper financial rigor as well as design and develop data-driven insights that inform decision-making. Additionally, you will build and mentor a team of analysts, contributing to their growth by setting expectations, prioritizing their work, and delivering feedback. Your technical skills, leadership skills, business acumen, and creativity will be essential as you lead the team to develop reporting and deliver timely insights to the business.
- Lead monthly forecasting process in developing targets and strategic goals
- Manage monthly financial close, variance analysis, expense & headcount forecast process
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly management reporting along with executive summary for FP&A and business partners review
- Monitor KPI and expense drivers to identify trends and highlight areas of risk or opportunity
- Lead annual budgeting process in close collaboration with business clearly defining targets and agreed upon assumptions
- Actively participate in preparation of ad hoc business case analysis and special projects by creating thorough, insightful financial models and providing high quality analysis
- Create strong relationships with the entire Institutional Relationship Management organization; partner to build and execute a strategic vision around reporting, analytics and financial management
- Train and mentor a team of analysts with varying levels of experience in analytics and the financial services industry
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of work across the team by setting expectations, prioritizing work, delivering feedback, and managing conflict as needed
- Leverage SQL, Tableau, Spotfire and other analytic platforms to gather, clean and prepare data; develop KPIs; create dashboards/reports; and analyze trends, working closely with business partners to understand their analytical needs and deliver insights that drive business results
- Leverage technology and critical thinking skills to continually drive innovation and automation into our existing methodologies, processes and reporting. Integrate new tools and software to streamline processes and improve efficiency, working methods, and culture within the team
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical, quantitative or business management field
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data manipulation using SQL and other scripting languages development (advanced/expert level)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building and creating dashboards for business consumption, including synthesizing data in graphical format
- Minimum of 2 years in Finance of Financial analysis
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading, managing and mentoring teams
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially ability to manage relationships with executive level stakeholders
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and operate effectively in a cross-functional environment
- Strong ability to breakdown and understand financial results, and effectively handle multiple deliverables in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with partners and cross-functional teams
- Strong Excel/modeling skills
- Solid technical/analytical skills
- Experience with Oracle/Hyperion financial applications
- Familiarity with analytics methods/theory (e.g., statistics, ML, etc.) and analytical programs/tools (e.g., SAS, R, Python, etc.)
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Who we Are
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Apply on company website