The Senior Analyst, External Financial Reporting is responsible for the execution of significant portions of the reporting deliverables of the External Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy team, whose mission is to deliver accurate, complete and timely technical accounting and financial reporting products to internal and external stakeholders, including management, auditors and regulators. This role has external financial reporting and technical accounting responsibilities as outlined below.
- There are three primary areas of external financial reporting responsibilities for this role:
- Prepare key components of the periodic OCC, Federal Reserve and SEC filings, including the FR Y-9C, FR Y-9LP, Call Reports and 10Q/10K filings, in accordance with reporting governance related to SOX and other regulatory compliance, including GAAP, SEC and Regulatory reporting policies, general procedures, business rules and other procedural documentation
- Monitor external changes to GAAP and regulatory accounting principles as well as internal changes resulting from business transactions that impact external financial reporting and execute the change management procedures, including managing and executing the implementation of new financial reporting requirements
- Drive initiatives for improvement and automation of current reporting processes as well as special projects, including acting as a power user of the reporting tools utilized for external financial reporting (including AxiomSL, Workiva Wdesk and/or Hyperion)
- There are two primary areas of technical accounting research, documentation and communication responsibilities:
- Prepare components of accounting policy analysis for non-routine transactions and ad hoc accounting and reporting questions from within the Controller Group and from the broader CFO organization
- Support the External Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy leaders in responding to internal and external requests from internal business partners, external auditors, and regulators
We are looking for a driven, intellectually curious and analytical financial reporting professional with interest and experience in executing external financial reporting and accounting policy processes in a collaborative environment.
- At least one (1) year of experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, accounting preferred
- Operational accounting and/or external financial reporting production expertise, with consistent attention to detail, including experience executing external financial reporting processes with internal controls expectations consistent with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience with accounting and reporting tools, including Oracle, Hyperion, AxiomSL, Workiva Wdesk, Tableau and/or data analysis experience
- Public accounting experience
- Financial services experience
- Persuasive and concise written and verbal communication skills
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Who we Are
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Apply on company website