This position is responsible for providing operational accounting and month-end close support for multiple E*TRADE legal entities but with a specific focus on professional services and accounts receivable. The ideal candidate will have operational accounting experience and industry knowledge with professional exposure to public accounting roles. This position requires the ability to work independently as well as in a group. The candidate should possess strong communication skills.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations spanning across multiple legal entities
- Prepare analytics supporting financial results
- Prepare or provide initial review of reconciliations prepared by accounting support team to ensure general ledger balances are reconciled appropriately
- Provide guidance and assistance to accounting support team with journal entries and reconciliations
- Effectively communicate with business partners to resolve issues
- Facilitate the completion of audit requests from our internal and external auditors as well as our regulators
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and new business initiatives
- 2-4 years of experience in a combination of public and corporate accounting roles
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance (CPA preferred)
- Proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment and effectively communicate in all forms with all levels of the organization.
- Eagerness to work in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with Oracle Financial Systems a plus
- Series 99 security license preferred (if candidate does not currently have an appropriate securities license, licensing will be required after hire)
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Who we Are
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Apply on company website