The Manager, External Financial Reporting plays a critical role in the success of the External Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy team, whose mission is to “deliver accurate, complete and timely financial reporting and technical accounting products to internal and external stakeholders, including management, auditors and regulators”. This role has external financial reporting and technical accounting responsibilities as outlined below.
- There are three primary areas of external financial reporting responsibilities for this role:
- Reviewing accounting research, analysis, and documentation performance by the External Financial Reporting team
- Monitoring the technical accounting policy workflow for each reporting topic, including Regulatory Change Management notifications (GAAP and Bank Regulatory Reporting)
- Preparing and/or reviewing portions of the External Financial Reporting products, including the SEC's Form 10-Q/K (and related XBRL filings), earnings releases, investor presentations and other regulatory reports (ex. FR Y-9C)
- There are three primary areas of technical accounting research, documentation and communication responsibilities for this role:
- Managing the company-wide GAAP and other regulatory reporting policies, including managing the assessment and implementation of changes to accounting and reporting guidance
- Accounting and reporting for non-routine transactions
- Advising on ad hoc accounting and reporting questions from within the Controller Group and from the broader CFO organization
We are looking for a driven, intellectually curious technical accountant with interest and experience in managing accounting policy and external financial reporting processes in a collaborative environment.
- BS Degree in accounting or finance, accounting preferred
- 5+ years' experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Public accounting experience required
- Technical accounting and external financial reporting subject matter expertise with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- External financial reporting and technical accounting subject matter expertise with bank and/or broker-dealer accounting and financial reporting requirements
- Financial services experience preferred
- Operational accounting and/or external financial reporting production expertise, with consistent attention to detail, including experience executing external financial reporting processes with internal controls expectations consistent with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Experience with accounting and reporting tools, including Oracle, Hyperion, Workiva Wdesk, AxiomSL and Tableau
- Persuasive and concise written and verbal communication skills
Who we Are
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Apply on company website