Are you looking to provide technical leadership in a large scale, data-rich environment? E*TRADE is seeking talented thinkers, data scientists, and architects who can envision next generation data platform that will deliver rich, data-driven innovations for the enterprise. In this role, you will design and develop cutting-edge data solutions, using existing and emerging technology platforms. Find out how we will leverage your deep technical experience as part of a growing, dynamic team. Apply today!
You would be responsible for working with all enterprise application development teams to design, model, and implement data requirements across a broad payments processing/business services enterprise as part of a Center of Excellence related to data movement, storage, and use. Your primary purpose will be to create standards related to database design / ETL and communicate/consult with development teams for the implementation and continued evolution of those standards. A secondary purpose will be to function as a hands-on contributor of data related tasks in more complex projects.
The role is not specifically intended to have management responsibility, but the right candidate may be considered for management of a small number of direct reports.
E*TRADE is a leader in the industry and is investing heavily to leverage their extensive data assets. Come help us drive that future with your data expertise.
- Creation of standards – Research, develop, document, and communicate, and drive implementation of standards on the storage, movement, and management of data across the enterprise
- Hands-on projects – Participate in teams as needed to design, build, and implement databases (Oracle, Sybase SQL Server, others), ETL jobs (Data Stage), and MDM solutions
- Collaboration – Both standards and projects must be designed to promote/leverage other enterprise functions such, as infrastructure, production support, analytics, etc. This role will drive the meetings with those groups
- Technical Leadership role for data management on development team
- Providing subject matter expertise for data management and modeling challenges
- Creation and/or review of the data utilized in system interfaces
- Evaluation and implementation of tools/strategies for databases, ETL, MDM, reporting/analytics, and similar
- Some travel may be required (<25%) (all development teams are currently domestic)
- Note: This position does not have traditional DBA administrative responsibilities
- Bachelor's in highly quantitative field Computer Science, Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or comparable
- Scrum Master or other formal Agile experience
- 3+yrs Experience working for organization known for advanced use/management of data and analytics
- 7+ yrs working in data intensive roles in and outside of I.T.
- 5+ total years of Data Architect/ETL Architect experience
- 3+ yrs working with high-availability systems
- Working within formal Agile development methodology
- AWS, Snowflake, Mulesoft, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Data Stage, Business Objects, Tableau
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Working in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience managing direct reports at same location
- Payment processing, financial services, or professional services experience strongly preferred
- 3+ yrs experience in an ‘up-or-out' type of organization
- Experience Managing direct-reports in multiple locations or off-shore
- Experience troubleshooting data infrastructure items such as network, storage, MPP devices, etc,
- Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP), ETL tools, Metadata repositories,
- Experience developing in both OLTP and Analytic data environments
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Who we Are
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Apply on company website