Midstream Natural Gas Team
DTE Midstream is an owner, operator and developer of natural gas midstream interstate and intrastate pipelines; storage and gathering systems; and compression, treatment and surface facilities. Our customers include gas and electric utilities, power plants, marketers, large industrial customers and energy producers.
As a subsidiary of DTE Energy, our company has grown into an energy industry leader with the people, assets, resources and capabilities to stand on our own. That's why we're becoming an independent, publicly traded company, more agile and poised for growth. And why we're looking for exceptional people to help us build our new company.
DTE Midstream is more than a great company, it's a great place to work. Beyond the excellent compensation and benefits we offer, being part of our team means caring for each other and the communities we serve. It's a commitment to creating a culture of belonging for one another and working effectively to make a lasting contribution to a better world through good energy.Job Summary
Reporting to the DT Midstream Director of FPA with strong dotted line to VP of business unit operations, work involves performing complex economic and financial analysis on various mid-stream customer expansions and asset acquisitions. The role will also include various other financial support roles in support of business operations. The role requires a high level of independent judgement, initiative and discretion. Work is mainly self-directed, with work results reviewed through the achievement of set goals and adherence to policies and procedures.
• Evaluates gas mid-stream investment opportunities by modeling the resource potential, well economics and volume forecast for each project. Develop feasible scenarios and run sensitivity analyses
• Builds well economics models to estimate the unit well breakeven cost or after-tax returns at various gas/NGL/oil pricing assumptions. Develop the shale gas well economics tier maps for PA, OH and WV based on average well performances for each county
• Builds E&P asset evaluation models to estimate economically recoverable shale gas/NGL /oil resources and production profile for any specific acreage in Northeast America
• Screens Marcellus and Utica producers with attractive mid-stream assets for well activity, well performance, breakeven cost and ROR analysis by county
• Models the unit well performance, EUR, well economics and production forecast for Bluestone project. Model DTE risk exposures for risk analysis
• Monitors the dynamic changes in natural gas supply curve and competition with other fuels and evaluate the impact on the E&P market fundamentals. Conduct intensive market research on top E&P producers and third-party reports to gain market insights on the impact of new technology and efficiency gains in well productivity, drilling and completion cost and operating costs. Monitor the high grading of drilling before the shale play reaches peak, and potential down grading at later stages
• Models the NGL net proceeds and well economics in Northeast America
• Performs all other related duties as assigned
• A Master's degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting
• Seven years of experience in energy market fundamentals, asset evaluations or investment banking
• Reference in resource evaluation, E&P market assessment or forecasting roles with a minimum of three years of experience in shale gas/oil market analysis
• MBA strongly preferred
• CFA designation a plus
• Possess strong problem-solving skills that can initiate the necessary procedures for resolution by self-implementations
• Possess good business acumen
• Proven ability to take projects from start to finish without significant supervision
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deliveries for M&A project evaluations
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
• Proficient verbal, nonverbal, written, and presentation skills
• Ability to organize work independently and to work in teams
• PC proficiency, including experience with MS Office Products
The physical demands must be met to properly perform the functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, reach, talk, hear, grasp and carry objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually works in a business office, with a moderate noise level.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website