SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Physical Therapist today with Doctors Hospital.As a PRN employee you'll enjoy:
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as an Inpatient Rehab Physical Therapist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family, and other members of the health care team the Physical Therapist is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, recording and implementing a treatment plan to achieve the goals of the patient as it relates to strength and mobility. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
- You will diagnose and manage movement dysfunction and enhance physical and functional abilities through the determined treatment plan
- You will work to restore, maintain, and promote not only optimal physical function but optimal quality of life as it relates to movement and health
- You will provide education to the patient/family and effectively document the therapy process
- You will communicate and collaborate with other members of the rehabilitation team including other therapists, physicians and nurses to best treat the patient
- Graduation from an accredited school of Physical Therapy is required
- Must be licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Prior acute care and/or inpatient rehab experience working as a Physical Therapist is preferred
Doctors Hospital of Augusta is a 350+ bed HCA Healthcare facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina state border. Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largest burn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. In addition, the burn center was granted a special burn designation as part of the Georgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous review program administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACA). Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center, as well as an accredited Chest Pain Center and is designated a Center of Excellence in Women's Health Surgery. At Doctors Hospital, we have a highly trained team to care for serious emergencies. As an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center, our ER team is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients. Fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals, life-saving surgery is available within minutes of arrival. Patients are cared for in two dedicated trauma bays in our Emergency Department.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Doctors Hospital of Augusta, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Physical Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website