Job Title: Recruiter Days Off: Saturday & Sunday Pay Range: $53,454.96 - $60,479.52 annually Shift: Office Day Location: Remote during COVID-19 pandemic, then Downtown/Pioneer Square Insurance Benefits: Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage)
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
JOB DEFINITION DESC (Downtown Emergency Service Center) is a nonprofit organization that helps people with the complex needs of homelessness, substance use disorders, and serious mental illness achieve their highest potential for health and well-being through comprehensive services, treatment and housing. The Recruiter position reports to the Director of the Human Resources and is responsible for the successful managing of recruitment activities which include sourcing, onboarding, screening, tracking, and work closely with hiring managers to facilitate effective talent acquisition strategies. DESC Employee PERKS:
- Over 6 weeks off in the first year of employment
- Opportunities for growth
- Team building and camaraderie
- Training and learning that occurs at your own pace
- Great medical and dental benefits
- Week long orientation and training
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Oversee day-to-day operations to ensure that recruitment goals remain on target including identifying and removing potential barriers; pivoting recruitment strategies in real time, as needed; bringing in surge staff to support candidate sourcing; and other functions needed for effective recruitment operations.
- Maintain and build new applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; make presentations to provide organization information, opportunities, and benefits.
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers, interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Assist the Human Resources Director to develop and maintain recruitment strategies.
- Act as central liaison for the Human Resources Department when needed, including acting as a resource of information for the supervisors and staff.
- Assist the Human Resources Director with procedure, policy development and documentation in Hiring and Retention.
- Assist HR Manager in reviewing payroll authorizations for all new hires, status changes, and terminations for payroll processing on a semi-monthly basis.
- Review and document terminations.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager and Director with developing and conducting training for supervisors and employees.
- Work closely with the hiring managers to facilitate effective talent acquisition strategies.
- Responsible for supervising HR Associate/recruiting team member(s).
- Track recruiting metrics and continually evaluates results to assess effectiveness and identifies process improvement opportunities; routinely communicate findings to key business leaders.
- Review, create, and adapt current and new job descriptions for all authorized positions.
- Create Agency Wide Structured Interview Questions.
- Review new HR/Recruiting Software.
- Other duties as assigned by the HR Director.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Human Resources or equivalent degree required. Specialty in Human Resources preferred. PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred. Additional experience may substitute for a degree.
- 4+ years of strong HR recruitment and/or generalist work experience required including employee relations experience; recruiting; compensation and benefits; HRIS, worker's compensation, general human resources; training, employee relations, staffing, performance management, compensation, and/or labor relations.
- Understanding of HR practices and principles including benefit administration, personnel files, records management, customer service, and all applicable employment, payroll, benefits, health, and safety laws and regulations in the US including working knowledge of federal and state EEOC, ERISA, OSHA, leave, and Wage and Hours laws.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including good presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills in monitoring and assuring the confidentiality and proper maintenance of human resources database, files and reports. Experience with Paycor Recruiting and MIP-Payroll /Abila preferred.
- Appropriate safeguarding and handling of confidential and proprietary information.
- Strong organizational skills including skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands. Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently. Ability to manage projects and solve complex problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to deal with agitated and angry individuals and resolve conflict effectively and professionally.
- Strong background in training and assisting maximizing training efficiency.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers and others.
- Demonstrated respect for diversity and commitment to developing multicultural competency sensitivity.
- Subscribe to philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs, and of consideration and respect for clients.
- Passionate advocate in delivering an exceptional candidate experience (internal and external)
Apply on company website