As aStaff Psychiatrist for the Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center (LAJVAMC), the incumbent will be assigned to the Behavioral Health Service. The staff psychiatrist will work under the Service Chief of Behavioral Health and is responsible for direct psychiatric and medical management care of Veterans at the LAJVAMC.
The staff psychiatrist will be responsible for the overall psychiatric care of patients with conditions requiring treatment in his/her specialty to include consultative, prescriptive, and ordering authority in the outpatient setting at the LAJVAMC. The incumbent will ensure the quality and timeliness of the services provided and collaborates with referring providers.
- Clinical duties include but are not limited to: provision of psychiatric care in an outpatient setting including diagnosis, management, and follow-up of psychiatric patients, review and make recommendations for transfer to a tertiary care center when appropriate, serve as an attending to medical students and psychiatry residents, call duties, and inpatient coverage.
- Compensation & pension exams as assigned by the Chief of Behavioral Medicine.
Serves as a resource to the interdisciplinary team for community based social service agencies and VA programs.
As a member of the Interdisciplinary Team:
1. Attend treatment team rounds and actively participate in regard to psychiatric issues and discharge needs.
2. Reviews patient information for assigned caseload, determines anticipated length of stay and discharge plan and begins discharge planning process in collaboration with the care management team, patient, family.
3. Interacts with home care staff, community agencies and facilities to ensure safe and timely discharge.
4. Negotiates with care management team follow up contact with patient/family, community agency or facility to evaluate the effectiveness of the discharge plans and identifies problems in service delivery.
5. Ensures coordination of the communication process with patient/family concerning the discharge plan, including coordination of family meetings.
More about the area:
- Big city amenities with a small town feel
- Lower cost of living
- The regions best skiing at your doorstep
- Outdoor activities with beautiful mountains and scenery
- Locally owned restaurants and specialty shops
- A distinct four season
Apply on company website