Recruitment/Relocation incentives may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
You may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program.The Education Debt Reduction programs offers eligible applicants up to $200,000 (tax free!) for reimbursement of qualifying educational loans. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is authorized for highly qualified applicants.PCS is the relocation of a household in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities (exceeding a 50 mile radius). For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp .
This is an open continuous announcement. We accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be considered as vacancies become available. Applicants will be referred to selecting official on a weekly basis OR until the closing date of this announcement. Applicants need not re-apply once the application is referred to the selecting official.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the clinical care of the medicine patients and collaborate with the other service(s) on the care of their patients.
- Facilitate communication among primary care physicians, hospitalists, specialists, patients and their Families.
- Provide inpatient consultations and attending responsibilities in pulmonary/critical care/sleep medicine and bronchoscope procedures in appropriate cases; conduct general pulmonary/sleep outpatient clinics.
- Responsible for appropriate documentation of clinic notes, consultations and procedures using the computerized patient record; and performing routine/emergency diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Provide supplemental coverage to coverage to ICU in support of assigned hospitalist(s). Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (BLS/CPR) certification required.
- Participate in activities of the medical center that are designed to meet the requirements of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations (The Joint Commission) and other regulatory agencies as they apply to the position.
- Participate in committees and review processes when needed or requested.Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- Internal Medicine Physicians
- Physicians, Internal Medicine
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:Heavy lifting (45 lbs and over); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; walking (3 hours per day); standing (6 hours per day); kneeling (2 hours per day); both legs required; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; ability to distinguish basic colors; hearing (aid permitted).Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
ResponsibilitiesRecruitment/Relocation incentives may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.You may ...
Apply on company website