This is an open continuous announcement. We accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be considered as vacancies become available. Applicants will be referred to selecting official on a weekly basis OR until the closing date of this announcement. Applicants need not re-apply once the application is referred to the selecting official.
VA Eastern Kansas HCS is currently seeking apart-timeboard certified/board eligible physician to join the Acute Medicine Service for the position of Hematologist-Oncologist. The selected individual will be responsible for performing duties to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide direct professional Hematology/Oncology services to patients in both the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Evaluate and treat patients with known or suspected hematological/cancer disease
- Develop treatment plans including, but not limited to: diagnosis and treatment of hematological/oncology conditions including bone marrow biopsy & aspirations, chemotherapy infusions, oversight of chemotherapy infusions, rounding on hospitalized patients, attending in clinics, writing prescription medications, writing for consultative services, diet instructions, and other physician driven or exclusive decisions, provide consultative service to referring providers
- Provide medical and technical support and supervision to any Medicine Residents and/or students
- Provides and/or participates in the resident didactic and clinical care education program for any residents, students, or clinical staff of VA EKHCS
- Provide both medical and technical support, as applicable, to RNs, LPNs, Health Technicians, PA-Cs and NPs
- Participates in the Medical Center's Quality Management Program through Hematology/Oncology indicators, monitors and by provision of peer review for outcome occurrence screening.
- Performs other directly related duties as assigned.
Scope of Practice Title:(Physician) Hematologist-Oncologist
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
Travel:Travel between the Leavenworth and Topeka campuses may be required.
Please email your CV to James Pryan @ James.Pryan@va.gov
Fax to 913-758-4111 attention James Pryan - Physician RecruiterTravel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- Physicians, All Other
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements when applying for this announcement,
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:Moderate lifting (35 lbs and over); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; walking (3 hours per day); standing (6 hours per day); kneeling (2 hours per day); both legs required; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; ability to distinguish basic colors; hearing (aid permitted).Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
ResponsibilitiesThis is an open continuous announcement. We accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified appli...
Apply on company website