Position Summary : Under the supervision of the supervisor or manager on duty, employee is responsible for providing customer service, ticketing and those activities related to boarding and deplaning passengers at the ticket counter, gate or baggage area. Employee will be responsible for marshaling aircraft in and out of the gate, loading, unloading and sorting freight, mail and baggage in a safe manner while also achieving on-time departures and arrivals. Employee will also be responsible for servicing aircraft lavatories, cleaning aircraft, restocking items, deicing and other duties as delegated. Essential Functions:
- Completes activities related to boarding and/or deplaning passengers and associated paperwork and/or computer entries.
- Assists passengers with reservations, ticketing, and adjustments to itinerary.
- Keep passengers informed and makes announcements to ensure important information is communicated about their itineraries, flights and luggage.
- Coordinates with internal resources to ensure passenger information is processed and flights are dispatched on time.
- Drives/operates ramp equipment including but not limited to bag tugs, belt loaders, aircraft tow tractors and water and lavatory servicing vehicles in a safe manner.
- Lifts, loads/unloads, sorts and transfers passenger baggage weighing up to 70lbs, airmail, freight and company material in and out of aircraft bins, belt loader or baggage carts in a safe manner and within specific time constraints, recording accurate weight information and relaying to crew and co-workers.
- Marshalls aircraft on the ramp including directing, assisting and parking all arriving, departing and towed aircrafts in accordance with safety policy and procedures.
- Performs wing walker duties to protect the aircraft wing from equipment in the path of pushback and maintains visual contact with the pushback driver to alert the driver of any danger.
- Employee may be assigned cabin service functions which include servicing the aircraft as needed to include cleaning lavatories and cabin and restocking supplies and other items.
- All other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website