The successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Function of Position:
The head coach must be able to demonstrate Delta College Athletics five (5) key values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship, and servant leadership on a daily basis. To promote student success through academics building a strong foundation for the young men and women of the program. Leading these young men and women to be champions on and off the court. A head coach works with student-athletes to improve their personal, leadership and team work skills in a competitive intercollegiate setting. They are responsible for, but not limited to, initiating various aspects of their program, such as recruiting, schedule opponents, scholarship and budget oversight, training and coaching team members. The head coach is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Delta College, the Michigan Community College Athletic Association (MCCAA), and the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). The head coach will be a responsible member of the community and a role model for their student-athletes.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must remain in compliance with philosophy, mission and guiding principles of Delta College. Has a thorough knowledge and upholds all of the athletic rules, regulations, policies and procedures set forth by Delta College, NJCAA, and MCCAA.
- Exercise common sense and good judgement.
- Understand the proper administrative line of command and refers all request or grievances through proper channels.
- Is aware of all conference, staff, institutional and departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Is a role model for their student-athletes, department, division, and institution.
- Expected to support and conform to all athletic department decisions and policies which have been established, both in fact and in spirit.
- Associate's Degree
- Head High School Coaching Experience
- Collegiate Coaching Experience
- NJCAA Knowledge
- Recruitment Experience
- Fundraising Experience
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
<ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED
- Bachelor's Degree
- College Coaching Experience
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
Apply on company website