Work You'll Do:
As a User Experience Designer in Deloitte's Strategy & Analytics Hybrid Solutions & Incubation (HS&I) practice, you will play a critical role in designing the overall usability experience for a portfolio of solutions that leverage analytics and artificial intelligence to reimagine the value chain for life science organizations from research & development through drug commercialization.
The right candidate will dive deep into the needs and challenges of customers in order to articulate the optimal experience to meet their needs through a seamless product experience and user interface. This candidate will collaborate closely with design, engineering, and consulting teams to effectively create a product workflow that incorporates capabilities and features.
- Perform customer research (i.e. interviews, research plan) to evaluate needs, gaps, and capabilities in order to improve their experience
- Evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the product owner, business analysts, and consulting teams
- Develop recommendations to address customer needs through storyboards, process flows, and site maps
- Design, validate, and deliver customer journey maps and information architectures
- Design low-fidelity mockups to capture the overall user flow of activities across journey stages
- Develop visualization frameworks to recommend the optimal method / format to materialize data and information to the end user
- Prepare design documents and review with product team members and other stakeholders to solicit feedback
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
We Expect You to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field from a top-tier university; Advanced Degree is a plus – equivalent work experience may act as a substitute to degree requirements
- 5+ years of experience in product design
- Experience leveraging Design Thinking and/or Goal Directed Design methodology
- Experience in data visualization design (e.g., time series charts)
- Experience with agile / SCRUM methodologies
- Experience with illustrative design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe suite, etc.
- Analytical mind with proven ability to dissect problems, devise solutions, and drive business outcomes
- Strong storytelling skills with experience presenting to large technical and non-technical audiences
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%) periodically – as future will allow given current COVID19 restrictions
We'd Like You to Have:
- Experience developing user stories based on wireframes design
- Experience in development planning for new components/enhancing features based on customer feedback
- Experience in new product development from ideation specification through development
- Basic knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau
- Experience crafting impactful PowerPoint presentations
- Experience working in the Life Science industry
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 40300
Apply on company website