- Interested in working in a visible role, on a large global data migration project?
- We're looking for a Master Reference Data Manager to join our CoRe Data Management practice.
- You'll be responsible for leading the adoption of master reference data, implementing the global strategy, and guiding the change management globally focusing on optimizing reference data management practices and procedures across a number of reference data domains.
- The role ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as identify areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- In addition, this role assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across multi-subject systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- You will also provide assistance in resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) and data stewards. Success in the role is defined via MDM technology strategy deliverables; including activities supporting data standards, data governance processes, data quality, MDM tools, MDM best practices, and MDM implementations.
Work you'll do:
In this role, the experienced Master Reference Data Manager will lead the development, oversight, and governance of the member firm Reference Data, facilitate the change management processes, and drive adoption of reference data within member firm and global applications.
You will work with Deloitte's business areas, IT project teams, upstream data managers and the global reference data team to drive adoption of the global and member firm Reference Data programs and ensure compliance of local reference data with global policies, standards and governance.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop strategy and processes for managing Reference Data development and implementation in member firms and global content management, people, and financial reporting applications.
- Engage with business stakeholders from financial, talent, industry and business practice areas to evaluate and develop the member firm Reference Data, providing an advisory and coordination role
- Continually evaluate and remediate issues of non-alignment with the enterprise program standards and improve usability of master reference data in firm systems
- Act as a product owner for Reference Data standards council to establish and manage a baseline of a common understanding of data fields, schemas, processes, and general standards (transaction taxonomies, industries etc.).
- Partner with Reference Data Managers globally to align on standard Reference Data modeling best practices and meaningful local exceptions
- Collaborate in defining business logic that supports reference data model automation
- Challenge status quo and introduce constructive friction to past thought
- Develop a member firm reference data roadmap to:
- Engage the business in reducing the differences between local and global reference data
- Guide the business in identifying and aligning application and business process requirements that improve the usability of reference data in local and global systems
- Establish Reference Data/data lifecycle
- Optimize data quality and promote best practice
- Improve data delivery efficiency and accuracy
- Harness analytics to drive data optimization
- Develop and refine quality processes and documentation that promote data integrity in firm systems through:
- Advising internal and external site owners on topics such as navigation, search refiners and tagging optimization
- Assisting with the development of Reference Data requirements and consumption planning
- Developing expertise on local and global data flows across integrated applications
- Educate business stakeholders on the benefits and uses of reference data including the articulation of the business case for investing into developing, implementing and maintaining master reference data
- Maintain Reference Data program's presence on internal sites and collaboration tools and promote the Reference Data program in the member firm, both independently and as part of CoRe Data Management Services Reference Data team
- Wherever possible, grow Deloitte's reputation in Reference Data management within and external to Deloitte through presentations at non-vendor sponsored conferences and other speaking engagements
- Manage virtual team member(s)
What you'll be part of—our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
The CoRe team makes an impact by providing five fundamental services to Deloitte around the world: knowledge services, creative services, contact center, procurement, and real estate. We develop new and innovative ways to improve how services are delivered across the Deloitte organization, leveraging our global scope and strength to serve our organization across borders.
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
To be considered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have. And others that would be really, really nice.
- Experience establishing, developing and maintaining master reference data in a global organization including an understanding of the theoretical principles of reference data architecture and experience adapting controlled vocabularies to meet specific organizational or business needs.
- Experience with multi-system integration\\
- Experience in master data governance strategy, processes, and operations
- Knowledge of master data management and governance leading practices (data governance, data modeling, data quality, data lineage, master data management, metadata management, data analytics etc.)
- Ability to perform extensive data analysis (comparing multiple datasets) using tools such as SQL, Excel, and Access
- Ability to quickly adapt and understand a system's data model and their interdependencies
- Ability to identify and mitigate data quality issues effectively
- Experience working within a virtual team environment, overseeing offshore team members
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Proven track record in driving and delivering business results through the implementation of business process improvements and innovative technology solutions
- Proven business acumen, including ability to communicate across all levels of an organization, ability to work across cultures, and success in meeting organizational goals
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and deliver high quality results within project deadlines
- Ability to drive continuous data management quality (i.e. completeness, accuracy) through defined and governed principles
- Ability to respond quickly to high-priority deadlines and easily adapt to change
- Ability and desire to take on tough and challenging projects
- Ability to form strong relationships within a large, complex, and global organization; Client-service mindset
- Fact driven and analytically-minded with excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to quickly understand, integrate, and communicate business strategies and program/initiative/product information and benefits to gain support, buy-in, and adoption
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Office productivity software, including a significant level of experience with Microsoft Excel
Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in a related discipline such as business administration, information or data management, Business Intelligence, Master Data Management, Data Governance or Cloud Computing etc.
Years of Experience:
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: DE19USAGOP005CF1991
Apply on company website