- Interested in working in a visible role, on a large global data migration project?
- We're looking for a Taxonomy Manager to join our CoRe Data Management practice.
- You'll be responsible for leading the adoption of global taxonomies, the development, oversight, and governance of the member firm taxonomies and exceptions, facilitating the change management processes in the member firm, and promoting the usage of taxonomy within member firm and global applications.
- You will work with Deloitte's business areas, IT project teams, upstream data managers and the global taxonomy team and participate in the development of global policies, standards and governance and advocate for enhancements to the global taxonomy to support member firm needs.
Work you'll do:
In this role, the Taxonomy Manager will:
- Develop strategy and processes for managing taxonomy development and implementation in member firms and global content management, people, and financial reporting applications.
- Engage with business stakeholders from financial, talent, industry and business practice areas to evaluate, rationalize and advocate for enhancements to the global taxonomy, rationalization of exceptions and where appropriate, development of member firm specific taxonomies
- Continually evaluate and remediate issues of non-alignment with the enterprise program standards and the global taxonomy to improve usability of taxonomies in firm systems
- Act as a product owner for Taxonomy standards and provide council to establish and manage a baseline of a common understanding of data fields, schemas, processes, and general standards.
- Partner with Taxonomists globally to align on standard Taxonomy modeling best practices and meaningful local exceptions
- Collaborate in defining business logic that supports Taxonomy model automation
- Challenge status quo and introduce constructive friction to past thought
- Develop a member firm taxonomy roadmap to:
- Engage the business in reducing the differences between local and global taxonomies
- Guide the business in identifying and aligning application and business process requirements that improve the usability of taxonomies in local and global systems
- Establish taxonomy/data lifecycle
- Optimize data quality and promote best practice
- Improve data delivery efficiency and accuracy
- Ensure content freshness and findability
- Harness analytics to drive data optimization
- Develop and refine quality processes and documentation that promote data integrity in firm systems through:
- Reviewing error and completion reports
- Participating in search quality reviews
- Advising internal and external site owners on topics such as navigation, search refiners and tagging optimization
- Assisting with the development of taxonomy requirements and consumption planning
- Developing expertise on local and global data flows across integrated applications
- Educate business stakeholders on the benefits and uses of controlled vocabularies (i.e. standardized language), including the articulation of the business case for investing into developing, implementing and maintaining taxonomies
- Maintain Taxonomy program's presence on internal sites and collaboration tools and promote the taxonomy program in the member firm, both independently and as part of CoRe Data Management Services Taxonomy team
- Wherever possible, grow Deloitte's reputation in taxonomy management external to Deloitte through presentations at non-vendor sponsored conferences and other speaking engagements
- Manage virtual team member(s)
What you'll be part of—our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
The CoRe team makes an impact by providing five fundamental services to Deloitte around the world: knowledge services, creative services, contact center, procurement, and real estate. We develop new and innovative ways to improve how services are delivered across the Deloitte organization, leveraging our global scope and strength to serve our organization across borders.
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
To be considered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have. And others that would be really, really nice.
- Experience establishing, developing and maintaining taxonomies in a global organization including an understanding of the theoretical principles of taxonomy architecture and experience adapting controlled vocabularies to meet specific organizational or business needs.
- Experience with multi-system integration
- Experience working within a virtual team environment, overseeing offshore team members
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Proven track record in driving and delivering business results through the implementation of business process improvements and innovative technology solutions
- Proven business acumen, including ability to communicate across all levels of an organization, ability to work across cultures, and success in meeting organizational goals
- Ability to drive continuous data management quality
- Ability to respond quickly to high-priority deadlines and easily adapt to change
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and manage ad hoc high priority requests from leadership
- Ability to form strong relationships within a large, complex, and global organization
- Client-service mindset
- Experience in master data governance strategy, processes, and operations
- Knowledge of master data management and governance leading practices
- Fact driven and analytically-minded with excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to quickly understand, integrate, and communicate business strategies and program/initiative/product information and benefits to gain support, buy-in, and adoption
- Ability to perform extensive data analysis (comparing multiple datasets) using tools such as SQL, Excel, and Access
- Ability to quickly adapt and understand a system's data model and their interdependencies
- Ability to identify and mitigate data quality issues effectively
- Office productivity software, including a significant level of experience with Microsoft Excel
Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in a related discipline such as business administration, information or data management, or library & information sciences.
- Experience with taxonomy management software such as Synaptica highly desirable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: DE19USAGOP005CF1991
Apply on company website