Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior Manager in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Conduct supply chain analysis to assist clients in implementing a VAT efficient structure. Advise U.S. multinational companies on issues related to VAT cash flow optimization. Manage risk assessment for VAT recoveries for U.S. multinational companies. Assist multinational clients with integrating tax planning into their overall business strategy. Oversee research related to methods of improving VAT recovery and managing risk of material VAT exposure for U.S. multinational companies. Oversee international tax professionals with regard to international compliance, research, consulting, and planning issues. Research, analyze, and document findings on complex tax issues related to VAT. Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements and the range of services offered by the organization. Provide leadership and ensure the delivery of services exceed client expectations. Responsible for engagement budgeting, billing, management, and scheduling.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Law, Accounting, Management, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent, including a three-year foreign degree).
- Six years of experience advising U.S. and multinational companies on the indirect tax implications of their international operations, particularly with respect to value-added tax (VAT).
- Experience must include six years of:
- Conducting global VAT review and drafting tax compliance manuals and procedures; and
- Interacting directly with clients to discuss engagements.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Master's degree and four years of experience as stated above.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Applying international regulatory requirements by providing global VAT consulting and European VAT consulting and compliance services to coordinate and oversee the preparation and filing of local VAT returns, Intrastat returns, and European Sales Listings;
- Managing the full life-cycle of an engagement, including staffing and billing, and managing a team of tax professionals, providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance;
- Delivering VAT technical trainings to clients and team members; and
- Drafting and presenting proposals live with new and existing clients.
- Position requires approximately 40% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: XSFH20FT1219NYC1
Apply on company website