Experience in serving clients on research and development, and other federal credits and incentive engagements? Passion for providing value to your clients? Bring your expertise and client service skills to Deloitte! Work on tax incentive engagements which you know will require complex insight for some of the world's largest companies in a variety of industries! If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's Global Investment & Innovation Incentives practice.
Work you'll do:
As a Tax Senior, you will identify eligible R&D activities and prepare effective supporting documentation. This is often unfamiliar territory for businesses that may not have the personnel or resources needed to complete the paperwork required to file a claim. This team has developed a standardized approach that includes the use of various analyzer and optimization tools. You will manage the review and organization of sources of client data for credit and incentives analysis while serving as the lead point-of-contact for client personnel with both with tax and technical backgrounds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving clients on federal credits and incentives engagements including Research and Development tax credit/deduction analyses, New Markets Tax Credit, Qualified Opportunity Zones, Renewable Energy tax credits, and other federal credit incentive service offerings
- Developing your technical skills in a given industry/service offering to solve complex issues
- Interviewing technical personnel and reviewing memoranda to support the credits and incentive opportunities
- Supporting engagement teams by identifying current project status and next steps for the engagement
- Leading the assembly of the final client deliverables
- Supporting the evaluation of complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities
- Demonstrating sound judgement and instincts with respect to supporting the evaluation of complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities
- Developing, mentoring, and motivating Tax Consultants
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of several tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, marketplace needs, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
The Global Investment & Innovation Incentives (Gi3) tax team is a national team of specialists dedicated to providing comprehensive tax credit and incentive services, including the Research and Development credit, the New Market Tax Credit, Qualified Opportunity Zones, Renewable Energy tax credits, and other federal credits. These benefits are offered for activities conducted in the United States, as well as research performed in over 30 other countries that offer research incentives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, engineering, technology, or related field
- 2+ years' experience in core federal tax compliance
- Tax compliance experience
- Working knowledge of R&D tax incentives experience and/or experience with New Markets Tax Credits, Qualified Opportunity Zones, or Renewable Energy tax credits.
- Travel up to 60%
- One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agend
- PE (Professional Engineer)
- Big 4 experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, LLM, or JD
- Working knowledge of R&D tax incentives experience and/or experience with New Markets Tax Credits, Qualified Opportunity Zones, or Renewable Energy tax credits
- Demonstrated effective research, and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Project management skills
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 40335
Apply on company website