Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior in Houston, TX.
Work You'll Do
Assist companies with federal, state and local and international tax compliance, consulting, and align the tax function with business objectives. Assist clients with fundamental tax planning and analysis, work to understand company-specific business and tax issues and identify and mitigate risk areas. Under the supervision of Tax Managers, Sr. Tax manager or Tax partner, oversee tax consulting projects for clients in diverse industries, mentor and coach tax junior team members and escalate issues as necessary. Research and analyze a wide range of tax issues encountered on engagements. Assist with tax planning opportunity identification, implementing tax planning projects, providing tax research and analysis for clients in diverse financial services industries, and keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues. Develop a working knowledge of the client's business and tax systems, take responsibility for clearing open items relating to assigned areas, meeting client deadlines, and contribute to the successful completion of projects. Actively participate in engagement planning and decision-making.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and tax returns.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Preparing and reviewing C-corp (U.S. and Foreign entity) federal, state, and local tax returns and quarterly estimated taxes using Corptax, and OneSource, including for insurance companies;
- Preparing partnership, S-corp and LLC tax returns and related forms, including Form K-1 and Form 1065, performing income allocation calculations based on IRS Sec 704, and preparing individual tax returns, including nonresident, resident, and dual-status aliens;
- Auditing tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 for interim and yearend periods including review of deferred and current provisions, APB 23 assertions, Uncertain Tax Position analysis, state and local accruals, and international provisions under US and foreign country regulations;
- Performing review of SEC quarterly and yearly filings for public corporations under SOX Act and review of audited financial statements for non-public entities;
- Preparing and reviewing tax provisions under ASC 740 and SSAP 101 for normal C corp clients and insurance clients, including the computation of current and deferred taxes;
- Analyzing and supporting tax basis balance sheets, assessing the impacts of valuation allowance and non-admitted deferred tax asset (DTA) provisions, providing management reporting and analysis, and preparing support and disclosures for external auditors;
- Assisting in preparing and reviewing technical memos addressing complex transactions, corporate reorganizations, and tax planning opportunities;
- Utilizing tax software and various research tools including Corptax, ONESOURCE, Superform, Global fx, LexisNexis, BNA, CCH, and RIA Checkpoint to perform tax research and provide tax compliance and consulting services to clients; and
- Assisting client with Internal Revenue Service and state tax department examination, and responding to Information Document Requests (IDRs) and drafting memos and various tax notices, and resolving issues during the examination.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: XSFH21FT0121HOM1
Apply on company website