Are you a strategic and creative Property Tax professional who likes working on complex property tax issues? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technology that align the tax function with business objectives?\n
We are looking for a sharp Tax Manager to join our Property Tax team who is ready to take on new challenges and join one of the largest multistate tax practices in the United States.
What you'll do
As a Property Tax Manager within the Multistate Tax Services group, you will provide state and local indirect tax planning, consulting, and compliance services to multiple clients within the property tax industry. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, and be connected to a strong support system from firm Leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role. Responsibilities will include:\n
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various state and local indirect tax consulting/compliance engagements. \n
- Acting as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of issues including sales & use and excise tax overpayment reviews, tax implications of sales and purchase transactions, audit defense services, nexus planning, and voluntary disclosures. \n
- Researching and analyzing a wide range of tax issues and tax implications. \n
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing. \n
- Assisting with drafting and presenting new proposals to new and existing clients. \n
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide.
Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 5+ years' experience working in property tax and with property tax assessors. \n
- Knowledgable in property tax compliance, tax planning, tax analysis, and related tax research. \n
- Experience managing a team and acting as first point of contact with your clients. \n
- Ability to travel 20% of the time. \n
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other related field. \n
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, CMI, licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM \n
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.\n
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.\n
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people
we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.\n
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.\n\n
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20CHITMGRSA001-PT
Apply on company website