Do you have a passion for income tax provisions and tax accounting? Do you enjoy assisting companies with their financial reporting of income taxes in a consultative environment? Are you interested in leveraging and expanding your ASC 740 experience and an innovative mindset to assist tax departments with tax accounting complexities through technology-driven solutions? If you answered “yes” – then we have the career opportunity to keep you challenged and satisfied!
Work you'll do
As a NTAG Tax Manager, you will:
- Assist with leading engagement teams and work with Partners, Managing Directors and Senior Managers to provide day-to-day management of tax accounting services to non-attest clients.
- Manage tax accounting projects utilizing a standardized approach to review income tax provision calculations and manage the delivery of provision services.
- Work closely with Partners, Managing Directors, and Senior Managers to expand the ASC 740 skills of our team, drive innovation, enhance cross-service line teaming, grow tax revenue, and build our Deloitte brand.
- Mentor and develop engagement Staff and Seniors, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance specifically assisting with their technical and other professional development.
- Actively participate in marketplace activities, recruiting, and process and technology innovation.
- Identify service opportunities and advance Deloitte Tax initiatives.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of several tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality.
Our National Tax Accounting Group (NTAG) operates within Deloitte's NFTS practice. NTAG professionals offer a combination of tax accounting technical capabilities and an innovative mindset to help our clients mitigate risk and identify opportunities. NTAG assists companies with all aspects of their financial reporting of income taxes including tax provision assistance and tax accounting guidance and consulting related to planning initiatives and strategic transactions (e.g., acquisition accounting, disc ops accounting and carve-out financial statements). In addition, we bring a fresh perspective with a strategic, innovated mindset, which allows us to increase the efficiency of the tax accounting process.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other business-related field
- 5+ years of experience with income taxes in accordance to ASC 740 and/or IAS 12
- Background in tax compliance and tax provisions with a broad understanding of US income taxation
- CPA, Attorney License, or Enrolled Agent accreditation obtained or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain
- Experience with ONESOURCE Tax Provision (OTP) or other similar provision software
- Professional services or comparable tax organization experience
- Proven management experience indicating strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and manage budgets and work plans
- Some travel expected (while travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as MST or MAcc
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 17970
Apply on company website