Do you enjoy providing powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100? Would you like to join one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in effectively managing global trade decisions and obligations, and providing strategic significance to a company's global supply chain? If this is you, come travel the world in our world!
What you'll do
As a Tax Consultant II on our Global Trade Advisory team, you will participate in engagements requiring regulatory analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates. You will work with U.S. and multinational companies, understand national and international trade requirements, and align client trade functions with their business objectives. You will also have the opportunity to develop and pursue creative strategies using the latest technologies.
Responsibilities will include:
• Helping companies manage global compliance requirements and realize efficiencies in their global supply chain.
• Advising U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies and compliance.
• Working with clients to assess and deploy technology solutions to enable international trade management operations.
• Assisting Managers and Senior Managers with day-to-day operations of practice
Our Global Trade Advisory practice is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP's International Tax business and advises U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies, compliance, and technology enablement. The Global Trade Advisory practice is composed of attorneys, operations experts, technology specialists, customs brokers, auditors, and trade management professionals who help importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain. The group works with clients to assess and potentially automate their international trade management procedures within all major trading regions.
• 1+ years of experience in Import, Export and/or Technology Enablement experience (operational, government, law firm, or consulting)
• Bachelor's degree in a legal, business or technology related field
• Experience with U.S. import regulations
• Knowledge of export regulations including ITAR/EAR
• Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, all non essential travel has been suspended)
• Limited immigration may be available
• One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- US Customs Broker License
- Certified US Export Compliance Officer (CUSECO)
- Other certifications upon approval
• Big 4 experience
• Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
• Knowledge of non-U.S. import/export controls
• Data management and analysis experience
• Foreign language skills
• Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with implementing and configuring trade management software such as SAP GTS, Oracle GTM, etc., to manage import/export compliance
• Demonstrated interest in international trade or international business
• Strong research, writing, verbal communication, and project management skills
• Familiarity with global trade management software
• Software aptitude in PowerPoint, MS Project, Access, Excel, and/or Visio
• SAP SD/MM Certifications
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 25086
Apply on company website