Systems Engineering Program Manager - Senior Consultant
Are you a talented technology professional who focuses on the planning, execution, and monitoring of large scale custom software development project initiatives? Are you a resourceful problem solver who thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective technology solutions? As a Program Management professional, you help client's set-up, manage, and operate their most complex projects, define functional requirements for technology solutions, and design and derive transformative approaches for technology systems working with a world-class team of technology professionals from Deloitte Consulting.
Work You'll Do
As a Systems Engineering Program Manager, Senior Consultant you will bring strong and in-depth functional and project management solutions to clients with a focus on projects related to custom software development. Our projects are large and complex and you'll have the technical foundation and knowledge to work with a core group of technology professionals. You will:
- Manage day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors;
- Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies;
- Manage small teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures. Your background in technology will give you the foundation to manage these streams but also understand the technology;
- Develop and maintain contact with decision makers at key clients; participate in some aspects of the proposal development process as needed
The Systems Engineering Team
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
Systems Engineering Program Manager, Senior Consultant candidates are required to have:
- 5+ years of relevant management consulting or industry experience;
- 3+ years planning and managing project initiatives in a Project Management Office or similar team environment working on custom software development-related projects;
- 3+ years of experience with Project Management Tools such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft SharePoint;
- 3+ years of experience with Requirements Management and Traceability tools such as the IBM Rational suite and HP Quality Center;
- 3+ years of experience translating requirements into optimized designs and identifying alternatives;
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, etc.)
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Experience leading fit gap analysis for migrating applications to Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or Force.com;
- Experience participating in the testing of applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Force.com and/or Google Cloud Platforms;
- Experience leading small teams;
- Experience in work planning, monitoring, and reporting;
- Experience managing requirements processes including conducting interviews and documenting technical requirements;
- Experience managing design activities including design sessions and defining future state processes;
- Experience with industry standard System Development Life Cycle methodologies;
- PMP certification is strongly preferred;
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum is strongly preferred. Certification is a plus.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18995
Apply on company website