Risk and Financial Advisory Overview:
Our Risk and Financial Advisory group is comprised of more than 10,000 partners, managers and staff. We help solve our clients' most complex financial instrument and physical market challenges by delivering risk advisory, technical accounting, quantitative, technology and operational advisory services. Specifically, our consulting projects include risk assessment and solution implementation for business strategies and policies, business processes, organization structure, risk modeling, management reporting and treasury, trading and risk systems. We help clients obtain, analyze and report information from multiple sources and across risk classes to facilitate tactical and strategic decision making.
Regulatory & Operational Risk
Businesses today face complex regulations and often volatile operating environments. Turn the tide to protect and create value, and evolve regulations into opportunity. Learn to lead, navigate, and disrupt to accelerate performance through effective management of regulatory and operational risks.
Life Sciences & Health Care
Our professionals guide traditional health care and life science companies and new market entrants in navigating the complexities of the US and global health care system. As market, political, and legislative changes alter the industry, we help our clients develop innovative and practical solutions.
Work You'll Do
We are currently hiring for Senior Consultants to join our growing Pricing and Contracting group. Senior Consultants will synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on outputs.
- Work closely with the Government Pricing Project Manager to prepare slide decks, status reports, assessment reports and other client deliverables;
- Develop and assess the policies, procedures and systems which support the submission of pricing information to federal and state agencies.
- Assist in the tailoring of approaches, methods, or tools to support Government Pricing projects.
- Actively participate in Government Pricing methodology review/development discussions with clients;
- Stay up to date on legislation as it relates to Government Pricing in order to provide consultation to clients;
- Work with external legal counsel for pharmaceutical manufacturers on Government Pricing methodology reviews;
- Assess current data structures and data sets of clients in order to develop Government Pricign methodology and to perform parallel calculations validating these methodologies;
- Work with client and integration and operations teams to set up ongoing methodologies in proprietary Government Pricing System
- Assist with development and evaluation of contract options for Commercial and Government payers.
- Evaluate contract proposals and analyses and perform impact on government pricing and gross to net revenue
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Knowledge of Government Pricing regulatory requirements and industry leading practices related to Medicaid Drug Rebate Program, Medicare Part B Program, 340B Program, and Veterans Administration Federal Supply Schedule Program pricing and reporting compliance.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with government pricing related business processes and operations including contracting, sales, chargebacks, and rebates.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legal compliance requirements and guidance and keeps up with emerging trends in pharmaceutical sector.
- Ability to work independently; lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Experience with Microsoft Office products required and knowledge of advanced Excel techniques such as pivot tables and data importing is desired.
- Experience with sales process including development of proposals and budgeting.
- Financial and Accounting background is preferred.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATFSRCCP031-PACS
Apply on company website