Are you looking to assist Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), Chief Accounting Officers (CAOs), Controllers, and business unit finance leaders to help solve complex financial accounting and reporting issues through digital enablement? Our team of accounting and reporting specialists do just that. Join our talented team of specialists serving clients across all industries by leveraging and optimizing the use of core ERP technologies.
Work you'll do
As part of the Controllership Digital team, your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and applying relevant specialized accounting, regulatory standards, cost accounting concepts, financial close and consolidation/financial reporting, financial operationsand applications across multiple industries
- Generating innovative ideas to challenge the status quo, including exploring new digital technologies
- Designing accounting data models and rules engines to deliver higher quality and more accessible financial information
- Applying a deep understanding of Tier 1 Digital Core technologies (e.g., SAP and/or Oracle) to solve business issues in an efficient and effective manner
- Identifying client issues and managing day-to-day relationships
- Participating in engagement planning and budgeting; defining the work product structure and content; managing engagement economics, engagement risk and engagement timeline
- Contributing to the proposal development process
- Engaging in recruiting and retention activities
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
The team provides clients with an extensive range of accounting and reporting services designed to help enhance the value finance delivers to its overall business. We work with organizations to help them reduce risk and improve internal and external reporting capabilities to meet accounting and regulatory requirements, and/or enhance strategic decision making. Our deep experience also extends to governance in complex operating models and support for major business events and transactions, including capital markets transactions, derivatives and hedging advisory services.
Learn more about Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Digital Controllership practice
- 3-5 years of technical or advisory-related experience in entity and enterprise accounting, carve-out, and/or technical accounting, financial planning and analysis and cost accounting.
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and use of Digital Core technologies (e.g., SAP and/or Oracle) to solve business issues
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Risk Management, Economics or related field.
- Project experience in components of full lifecycle implementations from requirements through deployment with a common ERP package or boundary platform (SAP, Blackline, Trintech, etc.) OR experience as an administrator of a common ERP package
- Project experience in requirements gathering / definition development and business process mapping
- Configuration experience in one or more of the following SAP solutions: FI, CO, COPA, PaPM, PPM, CPM, or GRC
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification, or working towards achieving one of these certifications.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Up to 80% travel (typically Monday â€“ Thursday)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Master's degree in Business, Systems or Accounting
- Configuration and implementation of finance/ accounting software applications
- Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
- Project workstream experience within a functional area (e.g. Record to Report, Order to Cash)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18079
Apply on company website