Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Do you want to be at the forefront of Deloitte's emerging cloud practice? We're looking for exceptional problem-solvers to help address our clients' most compelling Cloud needs. You will work along-side top engineers and technical thought leaders building Cloud solutions helping shape the future of global enterprises. You will be at the heart of the technical solutioning and leading-edge product development.
Work you'll do
Lead/support implementation of core cloud components and document critical design and configuration details to support enterprise cloud initiatives. The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be primarily responsible for utilizing technical skills to coordinate enhancements and deployment efforts and to provide insight and recommendations for implementing client solutions. Engineers will work closely with other cloud teams, project managers, engineers, and other functions.
- Consulting with client stakeholders on strategies for deployment of new cloud technology implementations, monitoring and optimization of existing equipment
- Delivering end-to-end infrastructure management solutions in a cloud environment
- Improving infrastructure operations through better use of monitoring, cloud coding and scripting best practices
- Automating infrastructure migration to cloud environments
- Implementing cloud governance, build, deployment and monitoring standards for the clients
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- At least 2 years of experience with server virtualization
- At least 2 years of experience with any of the following technologies: AWS, VMWare, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Must be legally authorized
to work in the United States without the need
for employer sponsorship, now or at any time
in the future
- 3+ years of experience with Virtualization: Virtualization Server, Storage, Desktop, Network; Reducing Sprawl
- 3+ years of experience with Infrastructure-Based Processes: Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Facilities Management, Performance Tuning, Asset Management, Disaster Recovery, Data Center support
- 2+ years of experience with Servers, Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Infrastructure Cost Reduction
- 2+ years of experience with legacy system engineering assessments, discovering the build and details surrounding the system in order to re-build it in a new hosted environment
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 39908
Apply on company website