Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
The Scrum Master will work with multiple product teams to develop Cloud platform products from requirement to delivery. The candidate will be a servant leader to the team, responsible for executing on scrum best practices, removing team impediments (including addressing root causes) and facilitating team interactions and events.
The Scrum Manager will lead the Cloud managed services with a well-defined product/project life cycle process. This would include processing definition, Agile Scrum based methodology, Hybrid Agile based module development along with cross functional communication, technical project management, requirements traceability, and test case management. This position also defines the metrics to be used to track process improvement in SAFe (Scaled Agile for enterprise) and also performs but not limited to the role of Release Train Engineer. This position leads the other Scrum masters of multiple Agile teams. This position also represents the team to report status of multiple Agile feature teams to leadership.
- The ideal candidate will exemplify the scrum values of focus, courage, openness, commitment and respect and will:
- Lead stakeholders, product owner and development team members on scrum and value driven product development techniques.
- Facilitate vision, roadmap, release and sprint planning, and other team ceremonies.
- Manage assigned projects in Microsoft VSTS (sprint backlog, user stories, tasks etc.)
- Facilitate daily stand-up meetings for the team.
- Facilitate team retrospectives and help the team identify opportunities for improvement with a plan of action.
- Assist product owners in best practices for managing and organizing the product backlog.
- Facilitate organization in writing effective user stories.
- Facilitate definition of done (DoD) negotiations enabling higher product quality and continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD).
- Assist team members in Agile estimation techniques.
- Lead team members on Agile principles and provide guidance on scrum methodology.
- Facilitate consensus building activities and conflict resolution in order to improve team effectiveness.
- Work with Agile Lead to assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and support them to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Report progress, risks or issues to Agile Lead and/or stakeholders
- Proactively and reactively remove impediments. Ensure root causes are addressed.
- Coordinates with other teams (if the project encompasses cross teams) and communicate status to management.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Technology & Infrastructure
The Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services that meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity.
- Unified Communications
- Infrastructure Operations
- Office of Technology and Infrastructure
- Service Management
- Solutions Delivery
- Technology Support Services
- Visual Technology and Solutions
- Cloud Solutions Center
- Bachelor's degree or higher is required in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) required or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years scrum master/ project management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with a high comfort level presenting to a variety of audiences, including senior management.
- Demonstrable project management skills, including influencing, communications and tracking skills, as well as planning and organization.
- Working Knowledge with Kanban boards and effective value-driven backlog management practices.
- Travel is limited and typically 10% – 20%
- SAFe Certification
- Background of IT technologies and customer solutions
- Cloud Service Provider certification (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
- Prior experience from a top tier consulting firm
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 34719
Apply on company website