Do you enjoy exploring datasets? Are you passionate about helping people make sense of terabytes of data? If so, Hux is seeking creative minds and persistent problem solvers to build and support cutting-edge marketing data science solutions that help our clients deliver customer value at every touchpoint.
In today's world, customers expect companies to know who they are and what they want. Customers want to have products, services or experiences that best suit their needs delivered to them seamlessly across physical and digital channels.
Customers are human first: driven by dynamic wants, needs, and desires. The ability for brands to make personal, meaningful connections on a human level has never been greater and Hux by Deloitte Digital delivers on those experiences in a way that allows companies to own the customer journey end to end.
Hux is the Human Experience Platform by Deloitte Digital. We help companies connect key data sources to understand what matters most to people; connect to advanced technologies like AI and machine learning to sense and respond to those needs at scale; and connect their systems to unlock insights, create collaboration and drive acquisition, engagement and loyalty. Most importantly, we empower companies to connect with customers in personal, meaningful ways that respect them as people, not just customers.
Hux by Deloitte Digital gives companies the ability to build and leverage the connections – between people, systems, data and technologies – so they can deliver personalized, contextual experiences to customers at scale.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be tasked with solving data problems end to end. This means:
- Ability to understand business goals and translate them into Machine Learning use cases and model design
- Understanding and applying clustering/sampling techniques to design
- Having and growing an understanding of the multi-channel marketing optimization problem space.
- Performing exploratory data analysis to understand relationships, opportunities to influence outcomes and how to attribute cross channel outcomes.
- Being able to quickly iterate over common feature transformation and model types in order to find the best predictive models
- Being able to interpret the models that are being generated.
- Developing proofs of concept to verify your ideas
- Closing the loop to make sure that the proposed solution is performing as it should and is correctly understood by clients
- Working closely with clients throughout
You'll join a team of passionate, talented data scientists who collaborate to design, build and maintain cutting-edge models that arm our clients with the ability to spot customer value and act upon it. If you're intellectually curious, hardworking and solution-oriented, you'll fit right into our fast-paced, collaborative environment. In addition to working with our data science team, you'll also work closely with our data engineering team to develop top-of-the-line data pipelines.
Because this is a senior role, we are looking for candidates that can carry out research in an autonomous fashion, and who can interact closely with clients with varying levels of machine learning experience.
Advertising, Marketing & Commerce
Our Advertising, Marketing & Commerce team focuses on delivering marketing and growth objectives aligned with our clients' brand values for measurable business growth. We do this by creating content, communications, and experiences that engage and inspire their customers to act. We implement and operate the technology platforms that enable personalized content, commerce and marketing user-centric experiences. In doing so, we transform our clients' marketing and engagement operations into modern, data-driven, creatively focused organizations. Our team brings deep experience in creative and digital marketing capabilities, many from our Digital Studios.
We serve our clients through the following types of work:
- Cross-channel customer engagement strategy, design and development (web, mobile, social, physical)
- eCommerce strategy, implementation and operations
- Marketing Content and digital asset management solutions
- Marketing Technology and Advertising Technology solutions
- Marketing analytics implementation and operations
- Advertising campaign ideation, development and execution
- Acquisition and engagement campaign ideation, development and execution
- Agile based, design-thinking, user-centric, empirical projects that accelerate results
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3+ years of industry experience outside of academia
- Travel up to 25% (while 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future
- A Master's in a quantitative field (engineering, mathematics, physics, machine learning, statistics or computer science) are the ideal candidates
- Good problem decomposition skills and autonomy when faced with solving data problems
- Experience manipulating large marketing data sets and performing ETL (in SQL)
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of modeling approaches such as Boosted Trees and Logistic regression.
- Experience with large data sets generated in the Ad Tech or Marketing technology spaces
- Demonstrated communication capabilities. We ask that you be able to explain your insights to people beyond the data science team. This means knowing how to best craft your message and selecting the right visualizations
- Experience with end-to-end Data Science solutions such as H2O Driverless or Data Robot.
- Be able to write Python code
- A deep interest in Data Science and AI. A good measure of this would be competition participation (Kaggle or other) as well as participation in open courses
- An appreciation of how, when and where data science methods are most likely to lead to valuable commercial outcomes for specific large enterprises
- If you have code in the open domain (for example GitHub) or have written about AI/DS please share this with us
- Experience with Deep Learning architectures and/or Reinforcement Learning
- Big Query ML/AutoML
- Tensor Flow
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 13970
Apply on company website