Do you have your finger on the pulse of the vast and ever-changing capital markets environment? Have a passion for current trends in accounting and finance? As Advisory Securitization Senior Consultants at Deloitte, you'll be part of a core team that delivers a wide range of services to our clients with a comprehensive industry focused approach. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading securitization professionals. Additionally, you'll be involved in helping advise investment banks, primary broker dealers and various asset originators on performing complex procedures on transactions throughout the lifecycle of the transaction. These roles offer a unique opportunity to gain invaluable technical skills in an evolving industry.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant in our Deloitte Advisory Securitization practice, you will perform agreed upon procedures for our investment manager clients related to the full life cycle of a structured product transaction of certain Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO). Services include portfolio data verification on the portfolios underlying assets, analytics and cash flow modeling for various prepayment and default scenarios, structural and document review, recalculating various collateral tests required by the transaction s documents and investor payment date distribution of funds recalculations. We also provide infrastructure, valuation, process, policy, and control related advisory services to financial institutions, governmental agencies, finance companies, and commercial entities that participate in the CLO market.
We are looking for Senior Consultants to join our Transactions CLO team in the Jersey City, New Jersey office. There is no travel associated with this position. Our team is responsible for using proprietary financial models to recalculate bond waterfalls, principal and interest coverage ratios, and other portfolio criteria. These positions involve directly interfacing with clients and other professionals within the organization and throughout the industry daily. Our team also participates in audit and advisory engagements related to the CLO market and other structured products including performing portfolio data verification and valuation testing. Overall, the Transactions CLO team offers a unique opportunity to gain invaluable technical skills in an evolving industry.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with and creating financial models to calculate both the distribution of cash flows to all related parties of a transaction as well as various collateral criteria set forth in the transaction's governing documents.
- Responsible for preparing and issuing Agreed-Upon Procedure reports and invoices.
- Help develop and maintain proprietary securitization collateral and cash flow models, analyze results and provide explanations for discrepancies to ensure compliance with each transaction's offering documents.
- Perform and manage due diligence tie out procedures on bank loan attributes such as ratings, coupons, spreads and maturity dates.
- Manage expectations of deliverables and timing with Underwriters, Investment Managers, Trustees and engagement team.
- Provide and monitor constructive on-the-job feedback and training, and conduct performance reviews to and junior analysts on common modeling structures and troubleshooting techniques.
- Approximately 2+ years related industry experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in preferred majors including: Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Quantitative Finance, or Math
- Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and as part of team with professionals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under significant time pressure
- Strong spreadsheet modeling skills required
- Experience in financial cash flow modeling securitization transactions in Excel/VBA
- Experience in coordinating and communicating with working party such as bankers, attorneys, collateral managers
- Minimal to zero travel required (less than 10%)
- Well versed in interpretation of legal documents such as offering memorandums, offering circulars, indentures and private placement memorandums, etc.
- Prior Big 4 Accounting Firm or relevant working experience in the following
- Mortgage and asset-backed securities
- Accounting Firms
- Corporate Trust
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 26098
Apply on company website