Senior Benefits Specialist
We are looking for a high-energy, analytical thinker who can work collaboratively with our U.S. and India (USI) teams and clients to deliver exceptional support and value around benefits strategies for our businesses.
Work you'll do
Assist with and/or manage projects related to the administration of Retirement: 401(k), Pension, and/or Non-qualified plans
- Handle day-to-day inquiries from active and terminated participants related to pension benefits.
- Perform standing periodic processes including but not limited to review of aging checks, off cycle payments, required commencements and plan forfeitures.
- Oversee monthly pension payroll process, including commencement tracking, using internal resources and vendor systems.
- Perform benefit research inquiries and contact escalations to ensure quick resolution and/or further escalation.
- Assist and/or manage the implementation of new plans, programs and changes to plans.
- Provide support to Call Center, India, Finance, and other internal teams related to the administration of pension plans.
- Provide expert counseling and information dissemination related to mandatory regulatory requirements, optional plan provisions, and legislative changes
- Evaluate and compare existing benefits programs with those of other employers. Complete surveys, analyze results and make recommendations
- Recommend plan design changes based on based on Total Rewards guiding principles, claims experience, industry experience, stakeholder feedback, and knowledge of best-practices
- Provide counseling to management, partners, principals, directors, retirees and employees regarding provisions of existing/new benefits, policies and processes
- Perform independent tasks and sub-areas on projects as assigned by management
The Total Rewards Center of Excellence (COE), will deliver value through compensation and benefit strategies, programs, and solutions that align with the unique needs of our businesses and the marketplace
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Benefits Administration.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm
- Ability to work in a team environment with a client service focus
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office tools - Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems and data transmission, knowledge of Web Employee Self-Service applications
- Occasional travel (up to 20%)
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including IRS, ERISA and DOL requirements.
- Experience working in a professional services or large corporate organization
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATSSPEJT119-HRL4
Apply on company website