Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Salesforce Application Architect (Virtual/Remote)
Open on location within the continental United States
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work You'll Do:
As the Salesforce Application Architect, you will be responsible for providing technical and architectural leadership for Salesforce applications - focusing on Force.com and Lightning. You will be defining technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design. In addition, you will be leading technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, and detailed design specifications to ensure that architecture standards are followed
- Leading projects involving Lightning and Einstein Analytics
- Applying research and development, prototyping, and vendor evaluations
- Providing expert knowledge of mobile application architecture to business and technology teams and facilitate the collaborative development of the technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices
- Leading development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes
- Communicating issues as well as opportunities to leadership and client stakeholders so that technology risks, costs and benefits can be evaluated
- Defining and validating non-functional (technical) requirements, and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture/design
- Leading production troubleshooting
- Instilling a culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability
- Seeking and capitalizing on the opportunities to improve productivity, accelerate time-to-market, increase solution quality, and improve cost effectiveness
- Anticipating barriers to change and creating opportunities to remove them
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- 10+ years of core experience in Salesforce design, development
- Full life cycle Architect-level experience with 1+ Enterprise Salesforce/Force.com projects
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- Salesforce Certified - Salesforce Admin and Developer Certification and one or more Architect Designer certifications
- Full lifecycle experience in solution definition and development and testing of the Salesforce application
- Practical deployment knowledge of Visualforce, Salesforce configurations, Apex classes, AppExchange deployment.
- Design experience with Force.com, Salesforce Integration, Lightning
- Agile development environment experience
- Understanding of key Salesforce architectural concepts (e.g. API and governor limits) and how they influence design
- Experience with different Salesforce Clouds and Integration experience.
- Clear understanding of event-driven and delegate-based design paradigms.
- Ability for minimal travel
- Experience with Einstein Analytics and Lightning
- Experience delivering packaged software or SaaS
- Data Migration experience
- Usage of automated build and/or unit testing and integration systems
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATSMGRAA102-ITL5
Apply on company website