Work You'll Do:
As a Sales Engineer in Deloitte's Strategy & Analytics Hybrid Solutions & Incubation (HS&I) practice, you will play a critical role in driving sales and customer adoption for a portfolio of solutions that leverage analytics and artificial intelligence to reimagine the value chain for life science organizations from research & development through drug commercialization.
The right candidate will develop a deep technical and functional understanding of product capabilities and customer needs to act as an overall advisor and advocate throughout the sales process. This candidate will collaborate closely with engineer, marketing, and consulting teams to effectively respond to sales opportunities and drive product oriented conversations with prospective customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of product capabilities, technologies, and configuration procedures
- Setup and configure a product demo, including environment setup, sample data creation, and story points
- Create and deliver sales presentations and demonstrations that effectively communicate the benefits of product capabilities to solve customer business problems
- Lead technical deep dive conversations with current and prospective customers to qualify leads
- Support Deloitte consulting teams throughout the sales process for the product, from initial opportunity identification through contract completion
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs, and respond to in-depth customer questions and inquiries about the product
- Work with consulting teams to gather customers' business challenges, product needs, and customer requirements
- Conduct win/loss analysis to inform and improve sales process
- Represent the product to internal and external audiences at events such as conferences, tradeshows, and seminars
We Expect You to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field from a top-tier university; Advanced Degree is a plus – equivalent work experience may act as a substitute to degree requirements
- 5+ years' experience working with SaaS products across technical, pre-sales, and product demo environments
- Analytical mind with proven ability to dissect problems, devise solutions, and drive business outcomes
- Well versed in Microsoft office tools (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Highly motivated, self-starter detail and goal-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong selling and sales aptitude
- Able to deliver effective presentations or demonstrations in time constrained situations
- Strong storytelling skills with experience presenting to large technical and non-technical audiences
- Willingness to travel (25%) periodically – as future will allow given current COVID19 restrictions
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
We'd Like You to Have:
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Proven success presenting technology as a business solution
- Proven success selling in complex, enterprise sales environments to both technical and business buyers
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 40306
Apply on company website