Retail Business Strategy/Transformation Manager
Are you an innovative thinker with a proven track record of helping Consumer Products & Retail companies transform their workforce to achieve their business goals?
The Consumer industry is focused on serving the changing consumer, who has rapidly evolving needs, behaviors and preferences for products, services, and experiences. Our Consumer Products and Retail sector is undergoing a transformation fueled by an empowered consumer, technology advancements, market fragmentation and blurring lines across the industry. Organizations are racing to compete for the consumer's attention and win share of wallet, which is creating unique challenges to innovate, modernize technology and transform business models with the winners ultimately seeing this as a consumer-led renaissance.
The Strategy team's job is to architect programs that transform our clients' businesses. To do this, we have assembled a practice of leading business and technology strategy experts that each contribute unique capabilities and insights – including Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Strategy Execution, Growth Transformation, Technology Strategy & Insights, Enterprise Model Design, Enterprise Cloud Strategy, and Business Transformation.
Strategy professionals serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear, data-driven choices about where to play and how to win in order to drive growth and unlock enterprise value.
Strategy helps our clients:
• Identify strategies for growth and value creation
• Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic vision
• Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology and Cloud trends to architect future business strategies.
Work you'll do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
Manager level responsibilities include:
• providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
• You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
• 6+ years of professional experience in a consulting or Consumer industry setting with demonstrable depth of knowledge
• 6+ years of experience working in the Consumer Products space (wholesale or distribution) and or retail industry (merchandisers, specialty apparel, footwear, large food or drug stores, big-box stores) corporate or retail environment.
• Experienced Strategist with commercial strategy, route-to-market knowledge, go-to-market strategy work, channel strategy, joint business planning and category management.
• Delivery experience with strategic planning, growth strategy and business transformation.
• Experience working with senior executives crafting and implementing strategies to transform a client's business.
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Visa-Sponsorship - Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Strong project management and delivery experience, including budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
• Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint). Working knowledge and experience of MS Office applications and training development tools.
• Located within a commutable distance of a Deloitte office.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 14673
Apply on company website