Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feels and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Function as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients' requirements. Be responsible for developing and
testing solutions that aligns with clients' systems strategy, requirements, and design as well as supporting system implementation. Manage data pipeline process starting from acquisition to ingestion, storage, and provisioning of data to point-of-impact by modernizing and enabling new capabilities. Facilitate Data Integration on traditional and Hadoop environments by assessing client's enterprise IT environments. Guide clients to the future IT environment state to support meeting their long-term business goals. Enhance business drivers through enterprise-scale applications that enable visualization, consumption and monetization of both structured and unstructured data.
Deloitte Consulting's Analytics & Cognitive offering leverages the power of analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, create and manage large-scale organizational intelligence, and generate insights that catalyze growth and efficiencies.
Strong technical expertise in most of the following:
- Hadoop (Cloudera distribution)
- Spark with Scala or Python programming
- Hive Tuning, Bucketing, Partitioning, UDF, UDAF
- NOSQL Data Base such as HBase, MongoDB or Cassandra
- Experience and knowledge working in Kafka, Spark streaming, Sqoop, Oozie, Airflow, Control-M, Presto, No SQL, SQL
- Expert level usage with Jenkins, GitHub is preferred
- Knowledge of working in financial/insurance domain
- 6+ years of experience of professional work experience
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
- Hands-on programming experience
- Must live a commutable distance to one of the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; Gilbert, AZ; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Kansas City, MO; Lake Mary, FL; Los Angeles, CA; Mechanicsburg, PA; Miami, FL; McLean, VA; Minneapolis, MN; Nashville, TN; Orange County, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; Rosslyn, VA; Sacramento, CA; St. Louis, MO; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Tallahassee, FL; Tampa, FL; or be willing to relocate to one of the following USDC locations: Gilbert, AZ; Lake Mary, FL; Mechanicsburg, PA.
- Limited Immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to travel up to 15% (While 15% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- 3 + years' experience working with Big Data eco-system including tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, Sqoop, HBase, Hive and Impala
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages like Python or Scala
- Experience on data lakes, datahub implementation
- Knowledge on AWS or Azure platforms
- Knowledgeable in techniques for designing Hadoop-based file layout optimized to meet business needs
- Able to translate business requirements into logical and physical file structure design
- Ability to build and test solution in agile delivery manner
- Ability to articulate reasons behind the design choices being made
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS, or equivalent experience
- Any bigdata certification is a plus
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 32570
Apply on company website