Product Development Manager
ConvergeHEALTH Safety is an integrated software business bringing to market solutions that help leading Life Sciences companies transform their Safety Adverse Event Intake, Processing, and Analysis capabilities. Through a combination of our industry leading business expertise and our cloud and AI enabled technology platform we are helping our clients achieve the vision of touchless Adverse Event processing and predictive signal detection to improve patient outcomes and better manage product risk profiles.
In today's current health crisis, the need to holistically and intelligently monitor safety information to identify potential safety impacts in the global patient population is paramount. Our product is at the cutting edge of leveraging AI, advanced analytics, and user focused design to help our clients ensure that vaccines and therapies are as safe as they are effective.
Come join us and help us change the world of Patient Safety!
High Level Role
As a product development manager, you will lead teams to build and enhance our product suite and applications with a specific focus on leveraging cloud technologies to add advanced capabilities and improve application efficiency. This role will be a senior position managing development teams. There's an expectation this role will be involved in development at varying levels of detail, from working with product owners to identify requirements and translating documented user stories and requirements into technical approach, to spending time “hands in code” building out functionality, overseeing sprint planning and ongoing development and deliverables, maintaining product quality, and meeting deadlines.
- Own the overall execution of the product roadmap, as defined, and envisaged by product management stakeholders.
- Lead a multi-functional and multi-geographical team across the product lifecycle from requirement identification through execution
- Work with internal engineering team/product development on product build lifecycles, assist in tasks necessary to make a developed product market ready
- Take a high-level idea or requirement, and engage with various stakeholders to scope out the idea (including detailed requirements, mockups, prototypes, etc.) to a level of detail needed for engineering teams to go through development
- Provide timely reporting of progress to senior management/ stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field from a top-tier university; Advanced Degree is a plus – equivalent work experience may act as a substitute to degree requirements
- 12+ years of hands-on experience developing web based, cloud and enterprise applications
- 3+ years in a project leadership capacity, leading development teams and managing workstreams
- Experience leading teams building API & microservice based applications and single page applications,
- Demonstrated success in designing/developing restful APIs & microservice based systems using Java, Spring Framework, and cloud-native services. Proven knowledge of inter micro-service communication and security
- Proven experience leveraging AWS cloud-native technologies, with specific focus on: AWS EC2, RDS, Elasticsearch, Lambdas, S3, SNS/SQS, IAM, and Cognito
- Experience designing data models in sql/ no-sql databases.
- Extensive experience developing single page, responsive desktop web applications
- Experience leading teams in a fast paced Agile SDLC environment with knowledge of Scrum principles and ceremonies
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, version control, code branching, and unit, integration, and regression testing
- Experience in a highly collaborative environment working with product owners and business analysts to identify, interpret, and translate functional requirements to user stories. Ability to work with the development team to build complicated solutions to fulfill those requirements.
- Ability to communicate progress to senior leadership, identify potential issues or roadblocks, escalate issues, and drive them to a resolution in a heavily matrixed environment
- Highly self-motivated, energetic, passionate team-oriented personality and working style
- Willingness to travel (25%) periodically – as future will allow given current COVID19 restrictions
- Limited Sponsorship may be available
- Experience in new product development from ideation through implementation and maintenance
- Ability to juggle many competing priorities/deadlines
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. . Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 40766
Apply on company website