Are you interested in working on the cutting edge of regulatory compliance? Are you focused on helping others comply with regulations and policies? Are you passionate about research and subject-matter expertise in a professional services environment? Are you interested in gaining exposure to auditor independence rules promulgated by our regulators? Then our ICN Personal Consultation team may be the right fit for you!
Work you'll do
- Work closely with ICN Managers and Partners, Principals and Managing Directors to assist audit engagement teams and Deloitte US professionals with compliance of regulatory independence rules and Deloitte US independence policies
- Perform research and analysis on corporate entity structures of financial institutions
- Perform research and analysis on various types of financial relationships and employment matters
- Assist in the interpretation and implementation of new and existing independence policies for all Deloitte US entities
- Interact and act as a technical resource for other teams within ICN
- Attend policy setting meetings, perform research, and develop guidance to address emerging independence issues
- Draft internal correspondence aimed at increasing awareness of the independence rules and implications of new SEC, PCAOB or AICPA rulings (e.g., the Frequently Asked Questions, talking points)
- Assist with the revision of independence policies of the Deloitte US Entities to reflect rule changes and revisions to firm interpretations of existing rules based on “live” consultations
- Assist in the further development of procedures, and implementing improvements, for the Deloitte Tracking & Trading System and the Independence Consultation System
- Prepare materials containing independence information for use at conferences and trainings
Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP)
At Deloitte, we are stewards of reputation—ours and our clients. That's why we foster a culture that protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation. With your help, we will distinguish Deloitte as the clear leader in professional services, making us the first choice for clients and talent.
Independence & Conflicts Network
The Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) Personal Consultation team performs a critical consultative, quality-assurance and risk-management function for the Deloitte US Firms, helping the organization remain unbiased and free from conflicts-of-interest, in fact and appearance, when providing service to attest/audit clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of policies, external rules and regulations, so maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte US Firms and personal independence is essential to the business and reputation of Deloitte.
- Bachelor degree
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail along with strong technical, organizational, and analysis skills
- Ability to analyze facts and relationships
- Ability to learn, understand and apply firm's independence policies and guidance
- Be able to work on multiple initiatives, report and communicate progress.
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to effectively work independently, and as part of a team, in a dynamic work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- An understanding of Independence requirements for professional auditing firms
- Experience working in a large corporation or accounting firm
- Familiarity with financial services, investments, and an understanding of common financial instruments is a plus
- Financial Service industry experience is a plus
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 45851
Apply on company website