Solutions Architect – Mid Tier Engineer - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
This position is for a full-time mid-tier engineer who will be responsible for all facets of engineering and administering the mid-tier. This includes architecting infrastructure, installing and configuring Application and Web Servers, Portals, and associated software products and operating system configuration in LINUX, UNIX and Windows environments. Once deployed, responsible for maintaining the infrastructure to meet availability and performance standards. Assists in the scheduling of deployment activity as well as new installations of mid-tier infrastructure.
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
• Five years of experience in application server management using Weblogic, JBOSS or similar enterprise mid-tier management tool
• Knowledge of Application Server architecture in a large enterprise environment using WebLogic, WebSphere, or similar class server systems.
• Knowledge of Web Services, both SOAP and REST.
• Knowledge of XML is required.
• Must possess a familiarity of the Java or C# programming languages to assist developers in debugging applications.
• Knowledge of UNIX and Windows administrations skills.
• All positions require the ability to relate to customers in a professional manner.
• Background in a Web Application Server environment in a substantially large enterprise.
• Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
• Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
• Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates, and team members
• Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
• Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems
• Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
• Knowledge of the Oracle RDBMS and the SQL Server RDBMS is a plus
• Knowledge of Python and PowerShell is a plus.
• Knowledge of DTD, XSLT, Xerces and Xalan is a plus
• Knowledge of Atlassian JIRA and/or Confluence is a plus
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20GILCSRCJB016-USDC
Apply on company website