Position Summary Mergers and Acquisitions - Manager
Are you someone who gets excited over terms such as M&A, Transactions, Divestitures, Joint Ventures, Bankruptcy Planning and Emergence? Do you also enjoy leading projects, developing people and leading teams? If you answered yes, then this the right job for you. Apply now!
Work you'll do As a Manager you will have in-depth, first-hand experience in a wide range of industries, and:
- Assist our corporate and private equity buyer clients with tax due diligence, tax structuring and tax modeling on buy-side and sell-side transactions.
- Prepare due diligence reports for C-suite audience.
- Direct complex tax research and formulate tax-planning strategies.
- Expand tax research skills through deep exploration of complex technical tax issues across a broad spectrum of tax law, etc).
The Team Deloitte Tax LLP, Merger & Acquisition (M&A) professionals provide corporate and private equity buyers with a broad continuum of advisory services to support mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, investment and financing structures, disposition alternatives and post-transaction activities. Working with clients before, during and after the transaction, tax professionals work with clients across corporate functions such as finance, tax, treasury, human resources, operations, information technology and risk management to analyze and evaluate tax risks and opportunities related to acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, and other transactions, and help meet each organization's global goals, strategies and business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, JD or LLM
- CPA, Licensed attorney or Enrolled Agent
- 5+ years corporate tax experience with a Big 4 organization, law firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company
- Strong supervisory experience
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- MBA or MS in Accounting or Tax
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Consulting and compliance experience
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 10188
Apply on company website