Manager, Performance Management
CTS Development – Performance Management
Position Reports to:
Performance Management Functional Lead - Consulting
Consulting: Strategy & Analytics Offering Portfolio
The Performance Management (PM) Manager is responsible for executing the PM lifecycle consistently and efficiently in support of the Consulting business group in collaboration with the PM Specialist and PM Analyst. The PM Manager will report to the Consulting PM functional lead and partner with the PM Lead and other PM Managers on identifying process efficiencies. The PM Manager serves as a Team Leader (TL) and provides feedback and coaching as appropriate, including suggesting professional development opportunities. The PM Manager is also responsible for managing relationships with assigned Business Leaders (BLs) and Lead Business Advisors (LBAs) and Business Advisors (BAs) and provides exceptional customer service to the assigned business groups by advising and coaching the BLs and LBAs on performance insights and trends.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Educates LBAs, BAs and BLs on PM processes, specifically the RPM design components
- Advises LBAs, BAs and BLs on the best approach for implementing, executing and delivering the PM lifecycle
- Partners with LBAs, BAs and BLs on aligning performance insights to the Consulting strategy
- Proactively reviews PM data pulled by the CTS reporting team and/or PM Analysts and highlights insights, trends or concerns
- Coaches assigned business group TLs and TMs on PM processes, specifically the RPM design components
- Assists the Consulting PM Lead in driving change management for the business group(s)
- Coaches, advises, and collaborates with other Talent teams including Resource Management, Centers of Excellence and Employee Lifecycle Events on their roles in the PM lifecycle
- Leverages Office of General Council and Talent Relations to manage potential risk
- Escalates business concerns, risks and issues to the Consulting Functional Lead as needed
- Conducts Check-Ins with PM TMs, sets work goals, provides feedback and assists TMs in identifying professional development opportunities
- Coaches PM TMs on process implementation and strategic thinking
- Works with PM TMs on workload prioritization and problem solving
- Ensures PM TM's ability to deliver the PM lifecycle, escalates TM performance concerns to the PM Lead
- Manages and executes the PM lifecycle in partnership with LBAs, BAs and BLs with direction from the Consulting Functional PM Lead
- Owns the execution of the PM processes for the assigned business group including, but not limited to, Check Ins, Performance Snapshots, Talent Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, Low Performers, Year-end, Promotions, etc.
- Troubleshoots potential process issues and provides solutions
- Collaborates with PM Lead, other PM Managers and Process and Operations Lead on identifying process efficiencies
- Develops and delivers process training to Consulting audiences including new hires (as applicable)
- Identifies and coaches PM Specialists and PM Analysts on potential training needs and development opportunities
- Escalates team training needs to the PM Lead and collaborates on solutions
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, 10+ years of Human Resource Management or related experience
- Prior experience in managing resources
- Prior experience with advising clients and stakeholder management
- Interprets data and identifies trends and performance insights
- Manages resources and provides coaching, guidance and continuous performance feedback
- Demonstrates strong communication skills across the business to ensure collaboration of appropriate stakeholders
- Applies strong strategic thinking, process improvement and change management skills
- Demonstrates strong project management skills, flexibility and learning agility
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in a virtual environment (TMs and clients)
- Problem solves issues and develops solutions
- Identifies, escalates and resolves issues effectively and appropriately
- Delivers PM training to TMs and clients
- Manages confidential information according to Deloitte Administrative Policy Release (APR) guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint is a must
- Professional certification (PHR or SPHR as appropriate) preferred
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATSMGRJT110-HRL5
Apply on company website