FSI Controllership Modernization (FSI) unit is a specialty advisory practice that provides operations improvement, business integration, finance function; regulatory, process improvement, and treasury advisory services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants. We are looking for individuals that are industry, client, finance and product specialists that can deliver exceptional client results. Are you looking to assist Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), Chief Accounting Officers (CAOs), Controllers, and business unit finance leaders to help solve complex financial accounting and reporting issues through digital enablement? Help identify, assess, improve, manage and measure; operations and financial systems throughout the project lifecycle, giving specificity to the appropriate architecture, functional, data model, system design and interfacing requirements. Our team of accounting and reporting specialists do just that. Join our talented team of specialists serving clients by leveraging and optimizing the use of core ERP and other enabling technologies.
Work you'll do
As part of the Controllership Digital Core team, your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and applying relevant specialized accounting, regulatory standards, cost accounting concepts, financial close, consolidation/financial reporting, financial operations,and across multiple industries
- Generating innovative ideas to challenge the status quos including exploring new digital technologies
- Designing accounting data models and rules engines to deliver higher quality and more accessible financial information
- Lead mapping of existing finance and accounting data models into new models utilizing proprietary Deloitte Accounting Information Science tools and methods
- Applying a deep understanding of Tier 1 Digital Core technologies (e.g., SAP, Workday and/or Oracle) to solve business issues in an efficient and effective manner
- Lead finance and accounting focused implementations of ERP modules and other relevant boundary applications
- Defining, optimizing and implementing Charts of Accounts as part of a finance transformation or ERP implementation
- Implementing financial close and reporting solutions
- Identifying client issues and managing day-to-day client and internal relationships
- Participating in engagement planning and budgeting; defining the work product structure and content; managing engagement economics, engagement risk, and engagement timeline
- Contributing to the proposal development process for marketplace pursuits
- Engaging in recruiting and retention activities
- Contributing to training and personnel development efforts within your area of expertise
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
The team provides clients with an extensive range of accounting and reporting services designed to help enhance the value finance delivers to its overall business. We work with organizations to help them reduce risk and improve internal and external reporting capabilities to meet accounting and regulatory requirements, and/or enhance strategic decision making. Our deep experience also extends to governance in complex operating models and support for major business events and transactions, including capital markets transactions, derivatives and hedging advisory services.
Learn more about Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Digital Controllership practice
- 5+ years of technical or advisory-related experience in entity and enterprise accounting, carve-outs, acquisition integrations, and/or technical accounting, controllership, financial planning and analysis and cost accounting.
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and use of Digital Core technologies (e.g., SAP, Workday and/or Oracle; and boundary applications) to solve business issues
- Strong communication, presentation, client servicing and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations, corporate finance or financial systems architecture knowledge with technology skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Risk Management, Economics, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience leading components of full lifecycle implementations from requirements through deployment with a common ERP package or boundary platform (Workiva, Blackline, Trintech, etc.) OR experience as an administrator of a common ERP package
- Project experience leading requirements gathering / definition development and business process mapping
- Configuration experience in one or more of the following financial / data applications: SAP, Oracle, Workday, Workiva, BlackLine, Alteryx, Trintech, CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification, or working towards achieving one of these certifications.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Up to 80% travel (typically Monday to Thursday)
- Master's degree in Business, Information Systems, or Accounting
- Experience in supervising and executing all phases of the technology life cycle, based on proven project management and testing methodologies.
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification, or working towards achieving one of these certifications.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Configuration and implementation of finance/ accounting software applications
- Project experience in areas such as root cause/gap analysis/best fit, financial modeling and value mapping
- Project workstream leadership experience within a functional area (e.g. Record to Report, Order to Cash)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 10964
Apply on company website