Are you looking for an organization with startup spirit AND enterprise strength? Deloitte Consulting's Innovation and Platforms (I&P) offers both! We are looking for talented individuals with an innovative mindset and technical skillset to join our growing team and work as part of I&P Product Engineering using the latest Java applications.
Work You'll Do:
The Staff Java Developer will work within product development teams in a scrum/agile setup. You will be responsible for translating requirements and input from Solution Architects into a technical design, as well as delivering design artifacts such as class and sequence diagrams.
You will support the Product Development Manager and the scrum teams with solid technical advice in terms of design, implementation and effort estimations of your assigned components. You are expected to request design and code reviews with Senior engineers
You will be guided by Senior Engineers, follow our I&P best practices in terms of coding standards, dependency/build management etc.
Deloitte Consulting's Innovation and Platforms practice is an organization within Deloitte Consulting whose goal is to build an environment and culture of continuous innovation to drive profitable revenue through the incubation of breakthrough ideas in IP assets based businesses and markets.
Innovations and Platforms houses prototyping, development and maintenance capabilities for a product portfolio that spans multiple software technologies including wearables, machine learning, advanced analytics, social/mobile, and more. Our team is responsible for designing and developing innovative products that not only augment our leading services practice, but strike at the heart of our clients' business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 to 4 years of industry experience in the following areas:
- Design of Java applications through all layers of an application such as frontend, integration, application, and business logic.
- Dependency management (Gradle or Maven) as well as source code control such as Git or Bitbucket.
- Experience with RDBMS such as MSSQL, MySQL, Postgres.
- Strong team player used to working in an agile (scrum) environment with tools like Jira.
- Concourse CI/CD.
- Knowledge in frameworks like Spring 5, Struts, Activitiy/jBPM, and Drools.
- An understanding of web application security and designing controls to guard against SQL injection, cross-site scripting etc.
- An understanding of best practices such as test-driven development, industry established code quality standards and use of Sonar plus usual design patterns.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of Java message broker technologies such as ActiveMQ and/or integration technologies like Mule.
- Use of UML as part of software design tasks (Class, Action, Event and sequence diagrams)
- Linux experience.
- Experience with Python, Groovy, Scala, Go etc.
- Ability to profile code for performance, tune application engines, and configure for web-scale.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 32949
Apply on company website