A truly effective internal auditing capability is an essential dimension of any organization's risk management structure. Deloitte Advisory Internal Audit aspires to be the leading practice who helps our clients transform Internal Audit to be aligned to the key risks and strategies of their organization.
Work you'll do
- Demonstrate understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, and related regulatory and compliance standards
- Perform internal audit assurance activities (internal audits over financial, operational, compliance, IT, SOX and QARs), consult with engagement leadership and clients on strategic plans and other business matters, and help to anticipate emerging risks for our clients
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best advise our clients
- Apply a general knowledge of the technologies used to build complex IT environments
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and implement products and services
- Support client engagements by helping plan the audit approach and scope, preparing the audit program, determining auditing procedures, seeing the audit process through completion, and applying internal audit standards in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients, by providing high quality deliverables and communications
- Create internal control documentation for the engagement including narratives, process and data flows, and other supporting work papers.
- Play a substantive role with project management by supporting engagement planning, economics, billing and staffing; providing regular status reports for the client, while supervising junior staff
- Exercise professional skepticism, judgment and adhere to the code of ethics while on engagements
- Bachelor's degree (in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems or related field)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Certification as CPA, CIA, CISA and/or PMP preferred
- Experience working in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to state complex issues simply
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Our team helps clients turn insight into foresight by exploiting technology-enabled methodologies and innovation to deliver results with more accuracy, efficiency and value. Advising clients on process efficiency, fraud detection, operational quality, internal control and regulatory compliance, we help to reveal greater insights for improved operations and decision-making today, tomorrow, and well into the future. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Internal Audit practice.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 42087
Apply on company website