A truly effective internal auditing capability is an essential dimension of any organization's risk management structure. Deloitte's Risk & Financial Advisory Internal Audit team aspires to be the leading practice who helps our clients transform Internal Audit (IA) to be aligned to the key risks and strategies of their organization. Capitalizing on the wealth of data now available, the IA analytics team embeds analytics into every phase of the audit process and enables “insights-driven auditing” by generating valuable new insights, providing greater assurance, and rewriting the rulebook on traditional auditing techniques.
Work you'll do
- Demonstrate understanding of IT/business processes, data pipelines, operational risk management, and related regulatory and compliance standards; and embed analytics into every phase of the audit process. Examples include:
- Integrate analytics techniques to identify and monitor risk
- Build automated testing programs and algorithms to improve testing coverage and efficiency
- Perform risk assessment associated with leveraging digital tools including automated analytics scripts, robotic process automation (RPA), and machine learning models (ML)
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best advise our clients
- Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients, by providing high quality deliverables and communications
- Create internal control documentation for the engagement including narratives, process and data flows, and other supporting work papers.
- Support client engagements by helping plan the audit approach and scope, preparing the audit program, determining auditing procedures, seeing the audit process through completion, and applying internal audit standards in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Play a substantive role with project management by supporting engagement planning, economics, billing and staffing; providing regular status reports for the client, while supervising junior staff
- Exercise professional skepticism, judgment and adhere to the code of ethics while on engagements
Our team helps clients turn insight into foresight by exploiting technology-enabled methodologies and innovation to deliver results with more accuracy, efficiency and value. Advising clients on process efficiency, fraud detection, operational quality, internal control and regulatory compliance, we help to reveal greater insights for improved operations and decision-making today, tomorrow, and well into the future. Learn more about Deloitte's Risk & Financial Advisory Internal Audit practice.
- Bachelor's degree (in Accounting, Business Administration,\n Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems,\n Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems or related\n field) \n
- 3+ years of relevant work experience \n
- Strong SQL & Tableau skills \n
- Working experiences in either Python or R \n
- Experience documenting business processes and communicating results\n of analysis with cross-functional teams
- Strong written and\nverbal communication skills
- Up to 50% travel expected
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Knowledge of machine learning and statistical concepts a plus
- Ability to explain complex issues in a simple manner
- Experience working with ambiguity, able to effectively handle with frequent change
- Certification as CPA, CIA, CISA and/or PMP preferred
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATFSRCMP043-TAC
Apply on company website